Click here to check out our on-demand appliance repair training webinars.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Sharp Steamwave AX1100 parts, can they be found anywhere?

paulcats02

Hello all.  :pint1: 

Am having a bear of a time trying to find a simple part (the door open key i.e. latch lever) for a Sharp "steamwave" AX1100 (microwave grill steam countertop combo). 

While there are many other similar items for other manufacturers, the 10-12 appliance parts websites i checked don't have them for this model nor does amazon or ebay... with the exception of a few sites in the UK who seem to be out of stock and or can't ship to the states.  

It seems like Sharp is not so popular or commonplace when it comes to kitchen appliances at least not here in the US. Maybe there is another model that is compatible that the part would work from. I read that Dacor microwaves are made from Sharp parts though that is not verifiable; the other half is maybe am looking in the wrong places. 

Was able to find an exploded view of the door panel and it shows the part is a LANGTA525WRPZ.

Sharp insists we take the unit in to a service center to get it fixed for no less than $100 even though it's probably a $5 part and this thing's a beast at 50+ pounds (either that or i am getting weaker with age... or both). 

Will try to either engineer a repair of the part (the plastic peg that pushes the latch up broke off) or just pony up the dough to take it in. 

Unless someone knows where on this green & blue rock to find a part! 

:thanks: 

Paul

Part# LANGTA525WRPZ

http://www.mypartshelp.com/
MPH queries 23 top major distributor sites, only 1 found reference to part
but not in stock - very good chance they can get it for you if it is still be manufactured.

https://www.encompassparts.com/item/8458522/Sharp/LANGTA525WRPZ/Latch_Lever

$8.87+ shipping (Estimated Ship Date10/03/2015 or 2 days)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Part# LANGTA525WRPZ

http://www.mypartshelp.com/

MPH queries 23 top major distributor sites, only 1 found reference to part

but not in stock - very good chance they can get it for you if it is still be manufactured.

https://www.encompassparts.com/item/8458522/Sharp/LANGTA525WRPZ/Latch_Lever

$8.87+ shipping (Estimated Ship Date10/03/2015 or 2 days)

Thanks for the help, Willie.  :thanks:

Was able to place the order with Encompass... but it's "on hold" as it seems the part is no longer available.

Scouring the internet did find another parts list and, interestingly enough, this list shows the part as a MLEVPA298WRFZ; searching for that only comes up with a dead link for Pacparts.com though. 

The part is a door lever that is a safety feature so am wondering if i just replaced the latch with a standard one (that uses a static handle and doesn't need the lever) if that would work. 

Either that or maybe find a used part.

Alternately if i can find a small plastic piece i may be able to glue that to the broken one...

:banghead: 

Edited by paulcats02

Can you post some pictures of the front of the microwave and detailed pictures of the broken part.

If it is a rectangle plastic push button at the bottom of the control panel that pushes a release lever and the pivot points of the push button are broken off, I might be able to give you an idea to fix it - I've fixed this kind before by drilling out the point where the pivot is and replacing with a screw cut to a short length.

• Like 1

Can you post some pictures of the front of the microwave and detailed pictures of the broken part.

If it is a rectangle plastic push button at the bottom of the control panel that pushes a release lever and the pivot points of the push button are broken off, I might be able to give you an idea to fix it - I've fixed this kind before by drilling out the point where the pivot is and replacing with a screw cut to a short length.

Thanks for the reply and the idea, Willie. :dazzler: 

It's actually more like a squeeze handle that manipulates the latch. That said, you got me thinking about the method of fixing it via screw like you mentioned. 

All along i was thinking the piece broke off from the squeeze handle... but inspecting the exploded parts diagram and the pieces themselves revealed i was barking up the wrong tree; the piece actually broke off from the latch head (part LSTPPA334WRFZ).

And running a quick web search, was able to find the part in stock on partsimple.com (or so it seems). If it turns out the part is n/a then will try to diy a repair like you mentioned. i gave attached the exploded view (the latch lever is 6-15 and the latch head is 6-6). 

Thanks again!

:pint1:  

AX1000 door and control panel parts.pdf

Have you actually disassembled the unit and got eyeballs and what actually is broken?

I've never ran across a microwave that has a push/pull handle like that on the door itself.

Is there a little peg on the lower latch head that engages a hole in the handle lever and the little peg broke off the latch head?

Here's a place that says they have it in stock if PartSimple doesn't find one for you:

Availability: Minimal quantities available Order while they last ($5.23+$3.95 ship)

I've orderd from them before and they are pretty good about having parts in stock if they say they do.

https://www.partstore.com/Part/Sharp/Sharp/AX1100R/Sharp/Sharp/LSTPPA334WRFZ/New.aspx

By the way, I don't think you have the complete actually model number also - it is missing some letters at the end, (I've found the part showing for models AX1100R, AX1100S and AX1100SLM)

This part that you were originally looking for: LANGTA525WRPZ isn't the HANDLE LEVER REF#6-15 it is the LATCH LEVER REF#6-4, (the metal connecting bar between the upper and lower latch heads-not a part that would normally break).

http://www.techservice-online.fr/attachment.php?id_attachment=20

Edited by Budget Appliance Repair
  • Like 1

Have you actually disassembled the unit and got eyeballs and what actually is broken?

I've never ran across a microwave that has a push/pull handle like that on the door itself.

Is there a little peg on the lower latch head that engages a hole in the handle lever and the little peg broke off the latch head?

Here's a place that says they have it in stock if PartSimple doesn't find one for you:

Availability: Minimal quantities available Order while they last ($5.23+$3.95 ship)

I've orderd from them before and they are pretty good about having parts in stock if they say they do.

https://www.partstore.com/Part/Sharp/Sharp/AX1100R/Sharp/Sharp/LSTPPA334WRFZ/New.aspx

By the way, I don't think you have the complete actually model number also - it is missing some letters at the end, (I've found the part showing for models AX1100R, AX1100S and AX1100SLM)

This part that you were originally looking for: LANGTA525WRPZ isn't the HANDLE LEVER REF#6-15 it is the LATCH LEVER REF#6-4, (the metal connecting bar between the upper and lower latch heads-not a part that would normally break).

http://www.techservice-online.fr/attachment.php?id_attachment=20

Thanks again for replying, Willie and i apologize for the delay.

In any event, yes i have disassembled the door assembly to lay eyes & hands on it... and you hit the nail on the head it is exactly as you describe it (the lower latch head has a little peg and that little peg is what broke off).  

regarding the model number, we have an AX1100S (S for Silver handle) i  just left off the S as i believe the AX1100R is the same unit except it has a red handle; am guessing the SLM may be a S for Silver handle limited model. 

And that is funny, again you are right; i was looking for the wrong part... no less than twice. Whoops.  :wallbash:

Appreciate your stick-to-it-ness and i will check the "parts store" website out just in case the order with part simple falls through.

Regards

• 3 weeks later...

just a follow up, was able to order the part from parts store and get it... and installation and re-assembly was a piece of cake!

thanks again for your help!

and virtual cheers

:pint1:

• Like 1