Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Whirlpool Washing Machine Drain Back Up

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Lurker_bkg54_*

Lurker_bkg54_*
  • Lurking at the Threshold

Posted 15 May 2005 - 10:06 AM

I am sure this subject has been covered but have searched until I gave up.   My washer works fine until the drain cycle.  It will drain almost half of the water out and then I hear it begin to back up from the trap under the floor.  I have to stand and lift the lid until the drain clears then let a little more water drain out until the cycle finishes.  It takes forever to drain a load of clothes. 

I have had a plumber run a snake from the trap out to the end of what he thinks is the line.  He says it has it's own drain basin and is not connected to our septic tank, which we do not want to do. 

The washer only started doing this little stunt about two months ago.   Any ideas??? I personally think it is possessed and am considering an exorcism... Thank you.  Brenda

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 15 May 2005 - 10:59 AM

The washer drains about 25 gallons of water in 120 seconds..If the drain is backing up you have a plumbing problem, nothing is wrong with the washer.
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,245 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 15 May 2005 - 11:34 AM

Yep, another case of the washing machine drain pipe backin' up blues.

#4 The Seven

The Seven

Sōhei

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 15 May 2005 - 05:53 PM

This is my invented solution to solve the back-up of a Maytag washer nearly 10 years ago. It has been working very well since day 1.

Glad if it could solve your back-up.
The Seven

#5 Lurker_rporter2@hot.rr.com_*

Lurker_rporter2@hot.rr.com_*

Posted 23 December 2005 - 11:05 AM

I have a whirlpool washer that will not stop filling up with water.  It will keepfilling until it overflows.  I repaired a washer many years ago that had the same problem. To fix it I merely replaced a switch under the drum.  This Whirlpool has no such switch.  It does have som sort of mechanism on the removable back that I have know idea what is.  How do I repair such problem? Russ

#6 Lurker_rporter2@hot rr.com_*

Lurker_rporter2@hot rr.com_*

Posted 23 December 2005 - 11:12 AM

I found the place where the switch is on my Whirlpool, But I am having trouble removing the cover. How do I do so w/o breaking?   Russ

#7 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,245 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 23 December 2005 - 11:33 AM

[user=0]rporter2@hot rr.com[/user] wrote:

I found the place where the switch is on my Whirlpool, But I am having trouble removing the cover. How do I do so w/o breaking?   Russ

http://fixitnow.com/...-or-kenmore.htm :dude:

#8 Lurker_jbq1983@juno.com_*

Lurker_jbq1983@juno.com_*

Posted 02 January 2006 - 11:12 AM

WE have the same problem and still cannot find a solution.  If you have gotten this problem corrected, please let me know.  We have run a snake through our lines several times and still it overflows onto the floor.  We have run out of solutions.  A plumber will do the same thing we have done, and  we feel it will be a waste of money to get one out here.  Someone told me that Lowe's has some pretty powerful solution that you can put down the drainage line that will help.  That will be our next step.  Also, my husband plans on cutting into the wall behind the machine and checking out those lines. ON and On we go! 

HELP!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics