Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Whirlpool washer won't pump out

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 xc600

xc600

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 03:35 AM

I have a Whirlpool washer that just aquired a problem. I will aggitate just fine, but will not pump out the water. This washer has a drive with the rubber coupler. I haven't yet gotten under the unit, and I know I changed the coupler just a year or two ago. Since it aggitates I'm not guessing it's the coupler anyway. How hard is it to determine if the pump is shot? I have checked more than one dial setting also.

Thanks in advance,

Alan

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,026 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 04 April 2005 - 06:22 AM

Do you hear the motor running when the washer should be pumping out?  If so, then something is clogging the pump.  No noise?  Check the lid switch

#3 xc600

xc600

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 07:23 AM

Yes, there is noise, although I'm taking the wife's word for that. I'll be confirming later this afternoon. I want to lean toward the pump though, I think she lifted the lid, and stuck something in the switch to watch it aggitate. She's not a total girley-girl.

Alan

#4 ecnailppa

ecnailppa

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 10:14 PM

It could be the lid switch but that would only be true if the cycle stalls at the pumping stage of the cycle.  Most likely its what we call “TIP or Thong In Pump.”  That means something is blocking the water flow either inside the pump itself or at the bottom of the outer tub where the water drains into the pump.  Most times its those tiny panties, pantyhose or a small sock.  Easy fix in most cases, just remove the items and check to make sure the pump is still easy to turn.

Joe
Starr Appliance
1521 N. Emerson Ave.
Indianapolis, IN 46219

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics