Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

frigidaire FL washer GLTF2940ES NEW!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Lurker_geishagirl_*

Lurker_geishagirl_*
  • Lurking at the Threshold

Posted 15 May 2005 - 06:41 PM

history - installed new ceramic floor.  Failed to lock tub on 25-year old Maytag top loader before moving to install floor.  Put washer back in laundry room, flooded the room on first load.  $250 repair vs new washer.  This washer was a DREAM, the only repair in 25 years was a loose drain hose about 5 years ago.  After months of research and agonizing over which brand and type (horizontal vs vertical axis) to buy, purchased new frigidaire FL washer and matching dryer.  I've had the machines one month and used them just 4 times (first time was this weekend).  The dryer works great.  The washer, however has PROBLEMS!  1) Annoying buzz noise comes & goes during cycle - that we thought was the cycle signal but turns out is probably the door lock solenoid - I leaned against the front of the washer while reaching for something above it and the noise got louder, and when I pulled lightly on the door handle the noise fades; 2) Water collects in the front gasket.  This gasket is ribbed, so LOTS of water collects.  The earlier Frigidaire model has drain holes there, so I don't understand the engineer think that did away with those holes when this is a KNOWN problem (ie Maytag lawsuit); 3) Excessive vibration during spin cycle.  The washer is on the pedestal made for the machine and the whole thing sits level on a cement floor.  There is no movement on the diagonals so I think the weight is evenly distributed on all 4 legs, yet when this machine spins it vibrates so violently that anything on top of it goes flying off and if it didn't have rubber feet it would go through the wall.  It's not so bad once it's up to full speed, but the acceleration and deceleration are murder!  I've watched it, and the tub wobbles wildly until centrifugal force takes over and stabilizes the spin and reduces the vibration; 4) After 4 loads, peeked behind it to adjust the dryer vent that runs behind it and noticed a little water on the rear of the pedestal under the washer.  This is definitely not coming from outside the washer from the fill or drain hoses.  When it was delivered and unpacked, the installers did that in the garage, then loaded it on a dolly, tilted it back and rolled it into place in the house, with me complaining all the while that's how I broke my OLD washer.  "DON'T move it without locking the tub, I said."  I'm thinking problems #3 & 4 are related, and maybe due to the machine being moved AFTER it was unpacked.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Should I get the FL repaired, exchange it for one without problems, exchange it for a top loader, or get my money back and get a different brand?  The dealer handles only Frigidaires and is VERY customer service oriented, so I believe if I asked them to trade the machine or refund it because of these problems they would.  I called them and they said to call the repairman, which I did.  The repairman said it was OK to use the washer until he can get here Monday to check it out.  Right now I'm missing my old Maytag and thinking I should have gone with my gut instinct and stuck with Maytag even though they ain't makin em like they used to, but who is making quality that lasts these days?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Lurker_Washer User_*

Lurker_Washer User_*

Posted 15 May 2005 - 07:07 PM

Sounds that your FL was damaged during transit from garage to the laundry floor without the transit bolts.

Return this damaged FL and get another on.

#3 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,878 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 01:26 AM

that, our the installer forgot to remove some or all of the shipping bolts and supports.
William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

#4 geishagirl

geishagirl

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 05:39 AM

I went over the machine including taking off the front panel at the bottom and it seems that all the transit bolts and shipping materials were removed.  Thank you for the suggestions.

#5 Lurker_Washer User_*

Lurker_Washer User_*

Posted 16 May 2005 - 02:29 PM

Ok. Time to exchange for a new one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics