Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Old Thermador Wall Heater

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 Dan Webster

Dan Webster

Paw Paw

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Busch

Posted 14 May 2006 - 05:02 PM

well at least its warm weather now maybe if you ask your landlord to fix it it will be ready by next fall
"May the hinges of our friendship never grow rusty"
-old Irish saying

Buy me a Beer: http://web.me.com/ze...man18007260692/

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#22 Liebold69

Liebold69

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 01:43 AM

I recently posted about a heating coil that I had shorted and thus broke.  I asked about ways to replace the coil and ended up stretching out the remaining half of the coil to the contact and re-installing in into the heater (a very old wall mounted Thermador approx 2.5X1.5)  Anyway everything went back together okay and the wires and contacts seem to soild and I remembered to flip the breaker back on after maintenance, but the heater will not work.  No humming or buzzing to indicate that the heater is getting power.  Absolutely nothing when I turn the dial to the low position.  Did I break somthing else besides the coil element when it shorted and broke? What could be the problem?  Where should I start?

Thanks!

Ian Liebold -- never knew this site would be of so much help.  I'm only 29 and learning the hard way about taking care of the apartment on my own. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics