LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

GE Monogram ZFSB26DND side by side not dispending water

drnancyl

I still have ice being made and dispensed normally.  The buttons on the panel seem to be working fine, and I changed the filter in case that was clogged.  There is no noise or water when I press the water button and the dispenser arm (which I have pressed for 2 min in case there was air in the line.)

Any suggestions?

Check for power at the water valve when the button is pushed.  You may have a bad water valve.  It is a dual valve and just because you are getting ice does not rule out the valve.  If you are getting power at the valve and it is not buzzing or making any noise check it for continuity.  Get back to us after you do this.

thanks

Doc

We have discovered that the water line that exits from the underside of the freezer into the door is frozen.  It is integrated into the door and not replaceable.  Any advice on trying to thaw it?

• Like 1

You can use a hair dryer to thaw it out.  Once you get it thawed out you could put a piece of Styrofoam on the inside of the freezer door around the area where the tube exits the freezer door.  Maybe a 1 foot square piece of 1/4 inch Styrofoam.  The insulation is bad in the door and tends to not insulate the water tube very good so it freezes.  I've had luck with this idea.  It worked for me.  GE had a recall on these doors when they were new, if its still under warranty you could try calling them.  They were changing the whole door.  If it's out of warranty you would probably have to buy a whole new door to fix the problem.  The Styrofoam works.  Let us know how it goes

thanks

Doc

you can defrost it over night (unplug and leave door open), some guys use a steamer, some use a heat gun. make sure that the door flap for the ice dispenser is closed and makes a good seal. 

Once thawed keep the temps between 2-5 degrees in freezer, been told that closer to 0 the more often it will freeze up.

Thanks to all!  I raised the temperature of the freezer for a few days, and the line defrosted!  We are back to having water dispensed as normal!

thanks for the follow-up!  Good to know that that works too.  Good job.

Doc