LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

photo upload bug

acfixerdude

Was having trouble uploading photos after right clicking the photo I wanted, clicking edit, and then editing to resize. I'd choose the newly created resized photo, which is well within upload size restrictions, and it would give me a max upload error...

If I back out of that post, refresh, go back in and try again it works with the new photo. Something about editing and saving a photo in the upload selection window is causing the site to freak out. I'll edit the photos ahead of time from now on, but thought you might want to know about it.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

• acfixerdude

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Team Samurai

Hi Michael - I just attached and uploaded a file that was 55 kb with not glitch. What was the file size you tried to upload? I'll try to re-create the error using a comparably sized file. 

• Team Samurai

Also, were you on mobile or desktop?

Desktop. It wasn't the size of the file since I was eventually able to upload it. 

Try right clicking a photo when you go to select one for upload, click edit, save your resized photo with a new name, attempt to upload that new photo or any photo.

• Team Samurai

23 hours ago, acfixerdude said:

Try right clicking a photo when you go to select one for upload, click edit, save your resized photo with a new name, attempt to upload that new photo or any photo.

Hmm.. when I right click, I just get the editing options that local computer gives, not the site software. I don't see any photo editing options native to the forum software. Unless I'm missing something. I can upload any image and insert it into the post but I don't see where the forum software provides any capabilities to edit that image, just insert it or delete it. 

Could you post a screencast of what you're doing? You could just a free program like Jing to make a short little screencast. https://www.techsmith.com/jing.html

I'll do that when I get a chance today, but when I right click the picture to edit, it is using the local computer to edit in paint, not the forum software. 

• Team Samurai
7 hours ago, acfixerdude said:

but when I right click the picture to edit, it is using the local computer to edit in paint, not the forum software. 

Okay, so this sounds like a problem with your local software (ie., installed on your computer vs. the software running this forum). 

You could try re-sizing the photo before you upload it. Or get a Mac. :dude:

Other than that, not much I can do.