Click here to check out our on-demand appliance repair training webinars.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Frigidaire FRS26ZSHB0

Hornnumb2

My side by side fridge has not been keeping ice cream frozen but everything else rock hard. So I bought some thermometers and the fridge is at 25 and the freezer at 10. I figured out that the condenser fan was out and replaced it last night. this morning my temperatures have risen to 20 in freezer and 35 in fridge. Seems like it was cooling better before. Any suggestions? Thanks Michael

Check frost pattern on evaporator n post pics. 

If iced up possible defrost issue - partial frost  seal system 

Agreed check frost pattern on evaporator. As long as you've confirmed condenser coils are clean. 

If coils clean and condenser fan is running you need to check evap fan and frost pattern. 

That does not look good my friend. 

Sealed system appears to be restricted. 

That photo was taken immediately after you removed the cover?

• Like 1

If your evaporator fan is running then it looks like a sealed system failure. 

• Like 1

The compressor was replaced when it wasn't even a year old, could the condensor fan not working weaken the compressor? Can I test the compressor? Thanks Michael

The frost means the compressor is running. Is the condenser fan not running?

The condensor was not working for a while with out me knowing, the fridge seemed to be cooling good. We didn't notice until blue bell went back into production that it wasn't keeping ice cream frozen. I just replaced the condensor fan Friday night and per the thermometer I had put in the fridge, the temp got worse after replacing the fan. What brands are recommended if I need to replace it? Are there any better than the other?

Without the condenser fan running it causes the compressor to run hotter than usual with out the fan and longer than usual because it can't remove the heat efficiently without air blowing over the condenser. If not found fast enough it can cause the compressor winding insulation to break down and cause restrictions. Normaly cheaper to replace then repair.

• Like 1

Allow unit to defrost .  Let unit run for 24 hrs . make sure evap motor is also running .  Keep tabs on temp.  

Update outcome

• Like 1

Well I replace it last night with a whirlpool, I hope that was a good choice. The frigidaire was 15 years old so I guess it was time. I am keeping some parts off it if anybody needs some, The condensor fan is brand new and the ice tray and auger is about 6 months old. Thanks Michael