Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Refrigerator LG...LFX29945ST/02

jack.jimenez32

jack.jimenez32

An Lg french door refrigerator with inverter compressor, stopped cooling after main board installed part number ebr77042518 original customer complaint was making loud noise and lights in refrigerator section flickering. upon arrival could not duplicate problem called lg tech support and no service bulletin on such a case lg said just leave it alone dont worry about this issue it will fix itself... really lg techs gave me no recommendation or troubleshooting tips on why it is causing this problem. Returned two days later and recorded noise and lights flickering. found inside temp on refrigerator in the high 50 and freezer in the high 40 F.. When recording of lights flickering i did notice on connector 3 of main pcb board keep in mind it is new part connector 3 a blue relay next to this connector was going on and off confirming noise but why are lights flickering and compressor shortcycling... this refrigerator i would rather not give a serial number but it is fairly new a 2014 model. since lg could not give me any troubleshooting tips i only checked reed switches on doors i checked fans comming on in diagnostic checked defrost heater coming on in diagnostic, compressor all come on. this issue is more intermmitent but why the flickering of lights where else can  i check the voltage on the wall is good polarity checked it compressor amps was pulling .9 amps frost pattern in freezer ok given the short cycling of compressor i did however put the original board back on the refrigerator since the replacement i ordered seemed to have more trouble than the original. The original board would make the noise issue on relay and lights flicker, vs the replacement board would make the compressor short cycle and lights flicker and relay click. So i left the original board back on the refrigerator to get the customer cooling and going since the replacement board caused compressor to stay off for longer period of time. I am trying to locate original part number but my lg tech assist computer is down i will post as soon as get a chance. any suggestions where can i start also i would love to post video if it is helpful but how do i download it here

Also there are two dip switches on main board are they supposed to be on or off and what are dip switches on main board for if it pertains to issue or not

Not sure the reason for your reluctance but a serial number,  in this case,  would be extremely helpful.  There is some confusion with regards to this model number  and prefix.

it would appear from the schematic I looked at  that  you should consider  a failed user interface/display pcb.  The Lamp micom is connected directly to that board and that board also controls temps. Since a failed user control /display board can cause all of yoyr symptoms,  it's a logical step to investigate it unless the schematic I have is not applicable. 

• Like 2

jack.jimenez32

I only see the pwb  assembly lamp connected from display board on con 102. Is that the one you mean