Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Tired of guessing on service calls?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Guest jackl

kenmore ice maker

31 posts in this topic

I guess I'm the newest member of the "icemaker ain't working" club.  It seemed to have just quit working.  Thought the ejector teeth were frozen, so I used a hair dryer to thaw out the ice holder.  Worked well but no movement.  Ejector teeth were stuck in the 7:00 position.  Shut off arm was stuck in about half-way up position.  Could move shut-off arm into full "Off" position, but would not move into "On" position.  The small red line on the dial is now stuck in about the 11:00 position.  The ejector teeh are in the 9:00 position.  Arm is down.  Nothing happening.  I jumped V to L, got water no problem.  Jump T to H, got nothing.  Is she going to make it?

Kenmore Ref model # 106.53542300

Whirlpool Modular Icemaker

Thanks for any help you can give.................................tmarti

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Sounds like the module has gone bad.....suggest replacing the module or the whole ice maker.

Sure sounds like a bad module to me, too. Here's the directlink to the replacement part, CLICK HERE.

will the im5 ice maker work as a replacement for a ge wr30x10061?

our water in the door quit dispensing right in the middle of filling a pitcher.  The ice in the door and the icemaker is working fine.  Any suggestions?  We have Whirlpool.

The icemaker mold should fill up with water in 8-10 seconds when l to v is jumpered .

If not the water valve at the waterpipe may have calcium partially clogging the needle  in the saddle valve.

Be awaire that  water valves may fail to shut off properly if the water pressure  inside the valve goes too low.

I once pulled out a piece of plastic from a valve that caused a lot of flood damage!!!