Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

kenmore ice maker

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Banzai Fix it

Banzai Fix it

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 09:49 AM

It's a brand new ice maker, just out of the box 4 days ago...I don't hear it try to fill...so I guess that valve in the door is the next culprit.

As usual...I just heard it dump some ice...the cubes looked good...but never heard it try to fill again.

Peg..do you have a quick link on how to get at and test that valve?  I'm betting that is the punk causing me trouble since it so sporradic.  A few weeks ago when this "no ice" started the water through the door quit...then it started working again all of the sudden....and the pressure seemed a little low.   The door water has been working fine now....but I guess that doesn't mean it's not broke...

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#22 Hutch001b

Hutch001b

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 03:21 PM

Great forum! Ain't the internet great! Thanks to all of you for taking the time to answer questions. I'm posting on this thread because it is closely related to my problem. I have some questions. Kenmore fridge model # 106.9515510. Icemaker quit filling a couple weeks ago. I jumper V to L and I get all the water I need. So, first thing I assume, from my internet research, is that I need a new module but I get a whole new unit ( #ECKMF94) and install it. Completes first cycle and I hear water valve kick on and quickly shut back off. I just get a little water in the tray. I see that it says it may take 24 hours to make the first ice. Why is this? I didn't replace the valve, system is full of water. It seems like it should start producing ice right away. I didn't replace the valve because the unit only came with the single valve. I guess I could just temporarily install the single valve and bypass the water dispenser. We rarely use it anyway. Pressure of water coming out the dispenser seems as high as ever. The pipe can't be frozen because I get plenty of water when I jump V to L.   Thanks, Hutch

#23 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 18 June 2005 - 04:10 PM

If you have an ice maker and water thru the door you have a dual water valve, one side or the other can go bad.  You have to replace the whole valve, located on the rear of the frig down by the floor, if either side goes bad.  It will take several hours to start making ice, just have to be patient.
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#24 Banzai Fix it

Banzai Fix it

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 September 2005 - 12:56 PM

ah....success...thank you Pegi!!

finally a new water valve is in and things are sweet....added an inline filter ta boot!!

thanks again..

Rook

#25 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts

Posted 12 September 2005 - 01:03 PM

You are welcome...;)

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

#26 Lurker_tmarti_*

Lurker_tmarti_*
  • Lurking at the Threshold

Posted 29 September 2005 - 04:56 PM

I guess I'm the newest member of the "icemaker ain't working" club.  It seemed to have just quit working.  Thought the ejector teeth were frozen, so I used a hair dryer to thaw out the ice holder.  Worked well but no movement.  Ejector teeth were stuck in the 7:00 position.  Shut off arm was stuck in about half-way up position.  Could move shut-off arm into full "Off" position, but would not move into "On" position.  The small red line on the dial is now stuck in about the 11:00 position.  The ejector teeh are in the 9:00 position.  Arm is down.  Nothing happening.  I jumped V to L, got water no problem.  Jump T to H, got nothing.  Is she going to make it?

Kenmore Ref model # 106.53542300
Whirlpool Modular Icemaker

Thanks for any help you can give.................................tmarti

#27 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 06:00 PM

Sounds like the module has gone bad.....suggest replacing the module or the whole ice maker.

#28 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,622 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 30 September 2005 - 12:31 AM

Sure sounds like a bad module to me, too. Here's the directlink to the replacement part, CLICK HERE.

#29 Lurker_adkins595_*

Lurker_adkins595_*

Posted 10 July 2006 - 11:13 AM

will the im5 ice maker work as a replacement for a ge wr30x10061?

#30 Lurker_repair mom_*

Lurker_repair mom_*

Posted 29 December 2006 - 12:50 PM

our water in the door quit dispensing right in the middle of filling a pitcher.  The ice in the door and the icemaker is working fine.  Any suggestions?  We have Whirlpool.

#31 Lurker__*

Lurker__*

Posted 30 December 2006 - 04:30 AM

The icemaker mold should fill up with water in 8-10 seconds when l to v is jumpered .
If not the water valve at the waterpipe may have calcium partially clogging the needle  in the saddle valve.
 Be awaire that  water valves may fail to shut off properly if the water pressure  inside the valve goes too low.
 I once pulled out a piece of plastic from a valve that caused a lot of flood damage!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics