Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Dumbstruck by the new computer-controlled appliances? Let the Samurai enlighten you…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
txweezie

GE SS

2 posts in this topic

The water dispenser is not working but the icemaker is. The GE manual says the cause is the "water in reservoir is frozen". HOWEVER, the solenoid for the flap of the icemaker was recently replaced but the water dispenser was working after that. I saw another post on a similiar problem  that mentioned the solenoid being dual...for ice dispenser and water dispenser...so could this be a factor in my situation or is it something else entirely. If it's the resevoir, is the only solution to call a repairman. BTW, I'm handy with fixing my other appliances.

The refrigerator was purchased in Jan of 02. Model is GSS22KGMA.

Thanks for you help.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

You could have a bad fill valve, the water reservoir could be frozen, you could have a bad part in the dispenser panel not giving voltage to the fill valve.  And the fun one, bad/broken wires in the door where it goes into the door at the hinge.  This might mean replacing the whole door.  Call G.E with your model and serial to see if this falls under some of their service bulletins.  1 800 626 2000