LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out this guide.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

ZDP486NDP5SS

herfdog

I can't seem to get a simmer flame on half of the burners on this range. I took the burners apart and cleaned them with no change. I also adjusted the screw in the middle of the shaft making some minor changes in the flame but still can't get the lower simmer part of the burner to ignite and continue to burn. Any suggestions?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• herfdog

• Chat_in_FL

• johntech

ADJUST BURNER FLAMES
Normally, burners do not need further adjustment .
Make adjustments only when necessary.
A. Turn on the gas. Plug in electrical cord.
B.  Turn all burners on highest setting and check the flames. They should be blue in color. When using LP gas, the flames may have some yellow tipping at the ends of the flame. Foreign particles in the gas line may cause an orange flame at first , but this will soon disappear.
C. Turn the burner knob to “LO” while observing the flame.

Adjust the setting of the upper row of flames using the valve bypass screw as follows:
Adjustments must be made with two other burners in operation on a medium setting. This prevents the upper row of flames from being set too low, resulting in the flame being extinguished when other burners are turned on.
D. To adjust the flame, remove the knobs. Insert a small flat-blade screwdriver into the hole in the center of the valve stem to engage screw.
• If the flames are too small or flutter, turn the screw counterclockwise.
• If the flames are too large, turn the screw clockwise.
E. Make the adjustment by slowly turning the screw until flame appearance is correct
Edited by Chat_in_RI

Its almost always grease or dirt causing burners not to light. I would pull the orifices and burner heads poke every pin hole out with a paper clip. 

Thanks for posting the "adjust burner flames" bulletin and the advice to clean the orifices, both are very helpful information but unfortunately I've already done both. BTW, I carry a torch tip cleaner which works very well for cleaning out burner holes and orifices. The burners were greasy so I thought that would work too. I even split the burner bases and wire brushed out the lower holes which are in the seam between parts.

The problem was in the simmer orifices, they are very small so I needed the smallest tip cleaner I had to clean them out. They are working great now.