Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Kenmore/Whirlpool washer woes

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Lurker_craigsward_*

Lurker_craigsward_*
  • Lurking at the Threshold

Posted 17 May 2005 - 07:13 AM

My tempermental washer finally decided not to fill anymore.  Basically what happens is when we go to turn the washer on, rather than filling with water it just goes right into the agitate mode.

It was being tempermental for a while.  We were able to get it to fill if we set it for a small load.  Then while it was filling we would switch the load size to large.  Well i realized that didn't really work because it still only filled for a small load. 

And if we were able to get it to fill once it drains after the agitater cycle it is suppose to go into the rinse cycle and add more water.  Instead of filling with watter and then agitating more, it doesn't fill at all and it goes into agitater mode again without any water in it.  The weird thing is the drain, agitate, and spin cycles still work.  It just doesn't want to add water anymore.

What is wrong with my tempermental washer???  Do i just need a new 60Hz timer mechanism?  If so how hard is this to install?  I am pretty mechaincally inclined but have never worked on a washer machine.  All the parts websites i see say the timer is a "Motor Not a Service part".  What does this mean?  Is it not replacable?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 17 May 2005 - 09:40 AM

The first thing you would suspect is a defective fill level switch, which determins the water level in the machine.  It is telling the washer that it is already full of water and starting the motor with no water inside.  This is not an expensive repair.  You could also have a clog inside of the fill level bubble on the side of the tub, not releasing the air pressure to the fill level switch so it thinks the washer is still full of water.  You would have to take the case off to see this on the right side of the fiberglass tub.
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics