Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Ge model gtwn2800d0ww washer

spiderslayer

spiderslayer

Hello again from the almost thawed out northern u.s.a. I have been chasing down this issue, (almost literally ),of a less than five year old washer that will not spin without wobbling across the floor with a load. I have tried a few things, found a detached shock strap,and today took the front off to watch a cycle. With a scant load of laundry it did fine,but with a regular load of jeans it started its noisy self destruct mode sound while spinning. It sounds like a drive clunking from below,intermittent but there. One other question I have is what would happen to said unit if installers left the shipping rod in place and the unit was ran until they were called back out because of noise? My folks are getting a new one,no more ge,but I would like to try and save this unit. Like I said,under five years old. Thank you for any help or links to videos.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• spiderslayer

• Captain Dunsel

• jambatt

• Hiroshi

Top Posters In This Topic

Front apron is probably bent. Put in  a large load and fill with water. Push down on agitator. If tub has little or no up down bounce then the apron is bent and will need to be replaced with one piece assembly..

I had one with relaxed springs last year, the pulley would contact the bottom of the cabinet when full of water... never got confirmation from GE (or anyone else), but the replacement suspension rods I used had a different color plastic spring cover, and were stiffer, than the originals. 

I have seen the bottom of the washer bent up from the delivery people, from there hand truck and the large pulley hitting the bottom with a load in there to.

spiderslayer

Thank you for all the suggestions. I ran a load last weekend and watched it,and could not see anything wrong except the crazy spin cycle. I think it goes back to the installers leaving the shipping rod in. I think it damaged something enough to where it never worked right. If you washed sheets they would end up wadded on one side and machine would bounce around until stopped. Folks have a new machine coming....

First check that the damping straps haven't come loose from the tub, the screws tend to back out of the drum.

GE Appliances
HL03-13Service Bulletin
Loose or Damaged Counterweight and Damaged Platform
On some top load washers the counterweight may have become loose or fallen off.
To prevent structural damage to the washer, the counterweight may need to be replaced and secured using new nuts and straps as outlined in the following instructions
REPAIR/RESOLUTION
Counterweight is Loose but NO Platform Structural Damage
Replace the loose counterweight with a new counterweight; using the bolts, washers, and nuts included in kit
WH49X10102
If the black bolts from the factory installation are undamaged, reuse them.
The kit includes:
Edited by Chat_in_RI