Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Samsung Dryer DV448AE -- Not Spinning

theswits

Hi Everyone (and especially john63),

I have what sounds like a very similar problem to this post from over 4 years ago:

Basically, the dryer is not spinning even though it says it is drying.

When I close the dryer door and hit "start", I can hear a click (like the starter relay closing), but the dryer doesn't spin or make any other noise.

The display reads "drying" and the time left (like normal).

I did everything in the abpove post, checked the voltage (243 Vac), checked the door switch (OK), checked the blower path (no obstructions or clogs).

When I had the blower cover off I spun the blower and the dryer drum also turned in sync, so I believe the belts/pulleys are all ok.

Next steps, where do I go looking?

Thanks for any tips gang!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

• sh2sh2

• theswits

• rbmappltech

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, that was it, open circuit.

The dryer was exceptionally clean (not much lint residue, etc.), but the thermal limit blew anyway.

Wife wants dryer NOW, so I jumped the thermal fuse for the time being and we are using shorter and "less dry" cycles than usual.

No parts locally up here in rural Canada (I phoned around), so hopefully can run with bypass until mail order comes in (about a week).

Any other tips how to dry on lower setting while the thermal limit is out of the circuit?

Thanks again gang

rbmappltech

Check your venting usually a thermal fuse will open if the dryer gets to hot.

Sometimes you might had a bad thermalsistor  

Please don't use your dryer with an important safety device removed.  Put your foot down to your wife on this issue!

• Team Samurai
12 hours ago, sh2sh2 said:

Please don't use your dryer with an important safety device removed.

Excellent advice! Running your dryer with the safety devices bypassed is like... boglgtpq.gif

KMGHDryerfire_1392345192825_2887265_ver1 

Anytime the Thermal fuse is open, check to make sure the heater isn't grounded out.  With the machine off and unplugged, check the heat relay to make sure it is open, not welded into the closed position.  If heater is grounded replace heater.  If relay is welded closed, replace control.  If neither, by process of elimination replace the thermistor, along with the fuse.