Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

LG LMV1683ST OTR Microwave - No Fan, No Counter Light

raider1234

raider1234

Hello Appliance Gurus,

I am having a weird issue with my year and a half old LG microwave. It heats (although when running it sounds quieter than it has before, unless it's just in my mind). Oven light works fine. However, when I try to turn on the counter light from the keypad, it clicks as if it turns it on but the light does not turn on. I did replace the bulb to make sure it was good. The same thing happens with the exhaust fan - any button press produces audible click and the speed selection is displayed on the front panel but the fan itself never comes on. 

Where do I start troubleshooting this? Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• john63

• raider1234

• Budget Appliance Repair

What is the Serial Number?

Does the turntable rotate when the oven is running?

Built March 2013

Common to find these not "cooking" or rotating turntable (among other symptoms)

For models built November 2013 through April 2014 (Serial Range: 311TA~404TA)...

Replace the Wire Harness (EAD60756905) and the Primary Switch (6600W1K001D)

Note: I always replace the entire switch assy (3501W1A019D) rather than just the Primary Switch.

Can contact LG Customer Service 1-800-243-0000 and ask to speak with a *supervisor*.

The supervisor has the authority to grant extensions (of warranty coverage) for known faults.

Good luck:)

7 hours ago, john63 said:

Built March 2013

John63, I'm sure it was just a slight oversite but isn't the build date of this unit March 2014  (403TAJD43316)?

Regardless, it still falls in the date range, " For models built November 2013 through April 2014 (Serial Range: 311TA~404TA)"

Edited by Budget Appliance Repair

raider1234

Wanted to post an update...

I talked to LG's Customer Service Supervisor, as per John63's advice. LG has agreed to cover the repair under warranty. Their own tech came out and replaced the main board only. It fixed all the issues. He left me the "bad" board because LG does not do failure analysis (so he said). 

Good News:)

However---it is *imperative* that the Wire Harness and Primary Switch be replaced---it *will* fail.

You can try contacting LG again---if this fails---try posting on LG's Facebook Page.

I'm an old dog in this business---and my son has been teaching me new tricks.

Had a customer recently that contacted LGs customer service (and the supervisor) regarding an issue with an LG front load washer failing to dispense bleach.

A known issue (software glitch).

The customer went to bat and struck out(no assistance whatsoever).

My son recommended posting of the problem/issue on LGs facebook page.

Immediate results---new Main Board---covered parts and labor.

This is a ***4 year old*** washer.

The Technical Service Bulletin specifically states that this will NOT be a covered repair beyond the original warranty period.

Facebook is unlike a solitary person on the phone---all the world can see your post---about the problem that you're having with an LG product.