Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Miele G892 Dishwasher Persist Fault Code F01 NTC Heat Sensor

junkbart

Greetings

What is the next step in diagnosing Miele G892 Dishwasher with persistent F01 Fault Code after replacing the NTC Heat Sensor?  That is, a new heat sensor has been installed and the fault codes have been reset/deleted and yet the F01 code persists.

Many thanks for your help

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• junkbart

• LI-NY Tech

• dbiberdorf

I would check continuity in the wiring from the control to the sensor. And check the connections for corrosion or bent/damaged pins.

Thank you,

I checked the connections on electronic and they were not connected at all.  So fault codes are clear now.

The second problem I am having now is related to Intake/Drain light flashing.  At first it was intermittent.  I replaced the supply line and cleared the filter screen and limiter to be sure it had a clean source of water.  The intermittence problem continued as the intake valve will click and it will fill with water and run a cycle, drain then on a subsequent fill again and with the sound of the circulation pump, the valves do not click and water does not enter therefore the flashing intake/drain light.

It was having this problem before I fixed the 02 fault so at the time I checked the flow meter and cleared the drain impeller it drains fine.  when it has filled with water the circulation pump seems to work fine as well.  When it fails to fill there is no audible click from the intake valves so I'm wondering what else I can test to narrow down to the actual problem

Cheers

I've tested it again and it seems that after has cooled down that the valves click and it fills with water.   I think if it is left long enough the intake/drain light will go out and it will finish a full wash and dry.  At this point I want to rule out the intake hose/valve WPS assembly.

Thanks again

If it's not filling at all it's probably a bad WPS.  That's very common.  Start a cycle, wrap your hand around the WPS, after it drains it should fill.  If it doesn't fill and the WPS vibrates it's a bad WPS.

The WPS does not vibrate or click when it first starts.  In fact if it is the first start after not using it for while it will most always fill the first fill step.   At subsequent fill steps it will stop and indicate intake/drain light and the WPS (at the location of the valves) does not vibrate or click.  If left alone with the intake/drain light lit it will eventually start to fill and finish the cycle.  Besides the bad WPS, is there other problem that could lead to this type of behavior?  It seems like if the WPS was bad it would never fill at all or is that not what you've experienced?

The intake/drain light indicates a stored error code. Use the info below to see which code is stored.

3340n0j.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the advice.  I ordered a new WPS from Miele parts and installed it.  At first it seemed to work, it filled and ran a few cycles but then at the last it returned to the same problem with the intake/drain light flashing and no fault code and it does not fill.  What is the next step in troubleshooting this problem?  

Also, after leaving the machine for a period of time, if started again it will fill for one or two cycles and then return to the intake flashing and still with no fault code error.  Could this be a bad electronic?  Perhaps a sticky relay on the board?

On June 13, 2016 at 7:49 AM, junkbart said:

Also, after leaving the machine for a period of time, if started again it will fill for one or two cycles and then return to the intake flashing and still with no fault code error.  Could this be a bad electronic?  Perhaps a sticky relay on the board?

Additionally, if when starting a normal wash, it will consistently finish with the two pre-rinses and the wash before intake/drain error.  If the dishwasher is left in that state, say for a few hours, it will eventually fill and rinse and complete the entire wash including drying and end light without a persistent intake/drain light error.  With this information I contacted Miele technical support and the technician suggested that I is more likely to be the Level Control/Heat pressure switch, so I ordered that part and plan to replace. I will follow-up here with the results.

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...