Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

KSSO48QMB02

herfdog

This fridge cools for awhile then shuts down, it may be hours or just minutes that it works. I also noticed that the lights and fans will power up and down in what seems like a sequence with numbers randomly showing up on the display as if it's doing a self diagnosis. In manual diagnostic mode it will some times show an 02 on the freezer fan and compressor and they won't start, I know that means they are going the wrong speed or in this case not at all.. Then at other times the fan or compressor will show an 01 and of course it does start but always after awhile everything shuts down except the interior lights when the door is opened. Anyone seen this before?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• herfdog

• lvasquez11

• Hiroshi

The main control board is suspect on these Kitchen-Aids, the capacitors cause weird failures... Get it rebuilt! Fix-Your-Board or Corecentric can do it.

9 hours ago, lvasquez11 said:

Based on your model Get Service kit Part number: W10818296. spend  alittle more n get 

All new control boards 

Part number: W10818296

First of all, i appreciate your input, however, I clicked on the link for the part number you gave and ran the combatiblity test on that website and it said the part listed is not compatible with the model number. Is there some sort of mistake on that website?

the new multi-board kit is getting mixed reviews from the techs I still talk to whom have installed it, your original board is definitely compatible...

Im getting info directly from service bulletins posted by kitchenaid 

Based on model n serial  #