Click here to check out this guide.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

frigidaire refrigerator lghc2342lf0

montrue

refrig not defrosting,heater good ,limit thermo good . replaced main power board (5304499075) as defrost is controled from it . no power to frige. returned got new power board still same problem on power to frig, what the h-ll am i missing. replaced old board works great but no defrost? HELP!

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• montrue

• Hiroshi

• johntech

• Sparkey

Thanks, unbelievable ain't that a bit-h.I learned a big lesson.

Do you know if there are wiring changes at the display board ?

there should be no wiring changes, just plug and play once you have the boards, they used to put a cross-reference sheet in with the control so you would know if you needed an updated display unit... phased that out I'm guessing

• 9 months later...

I have changed Main Power Board, Old board lights up, new board is DEAD.

I have a question to sears part about the programming port on new board.

They keep wanting to send out a repair tech.  I said send me a board that is programmed to my serial  # .  

Am I missing something ????

Did you replace the user interface board when you replaced the power board? 

What a expensive repair this is !! Replacing both the main control board and UI board.  It might be good idea to know this info before going on the call, Diagnose this refrig as having bad main board and then you find out you also have order the UI. You may have really upset customer, who may also cancel the repair. HMMM...  If I ask johntech how do you come about inquiring this info. ?

When you order the main board, it used to come with a cross-reference sheet that listed which main boards would require the subsequent UI replacement.

I looked the part up on 6 different appliance parts websites and none of them let you know that you needed to order the UI also.

I would not be too happy if I already gave the customer a price to repair and then find out I also need to order the UI because they were not compatible.

Edited by Lighthouse
add info

Frigidaire updated a lot of there boards at one point. I always start by looking up the UI Board and see if it comes in a kit with the main board. If it does not I look to see if the ui and main control board have substitution part numbers. If they have either a kit or substitution part numbers I order both boards and install main board first. If everything lights up I return the ui board. If not I install the ui board. The first time I ran into this I replaced the main board 3 times before referring the customer to Electrolux, Customer called me a  couple weeks later and told me that Electrolux replaced the main board a couple times before they figured it out. 

that is a crappy way of having to do business but then what else are we to do if we don't have proper info

I have been on both Frigidaire and Sears Parts many times.  I am on the 3rd Main Power Board, I told them to Take the Model & Serial Numbers plug in the interface / USB cable and make sure the board is programmed and working before they ship it.  

They refuse to have any kind of Tech Help Line. Keep wanting to send me a repairman.

No papers of any kind have been with the parts. 

• 1 month later...
Salem Appliance

Replaced both UI and main control..Still no lights or display..wtf?

• 5 years later...