Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

GE ziss360dress need to replace condenser fan motor

boatflipper

boatflipper

Hello everyone.  I need to replace the condenser fan motor in my GE Monogram built-in fridge with the condenser/fan/compressor top-mounted.  The fan is "sandwiched" between the condenser at the rear and the compressor in the front.  How do I access the fan motor to replace.  Any help is much appreciated.  Thanks

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• boatflipper

• Chat_in_FL

• Hiroshi

• Kermit6744202

The only answer to your question: " How do I access the fan motor to replace," is "With much difficulty." 

If you look up the model number at Appliance Parts Pros, it will show an exploded view diagram of the upper compartment. Removing the side 'baffle' should let you remove the 'shroud.' The fan motor is mounted on the shroud...

Machine Compartment
The machine compartment is located on the top of the unit and has a movable chassis that can be extended from the front of the unit to provide access to the refrigeration system components.
Caution:
Avoid kinking the refrigeration lines when sliding the chassis out and back in.
To extend the chassis:
1. Remove the grille panel by removing 2 screws from each side (see photo).
2. Remove the wire guard and rocker switch panel.
3. Remove the condenser baffle.
4. Loosen the front 7/16-in. track bolts (1 on each side of the compressor) from the front of the
chassis track.
5. Remove the rear 7/16-in. track bolts (1 on each side of the compressor) and the spacers under the rear of the chassis track.
6. Pull the chassis forward until it reaches the stops in the tracks, working the refrigeration tubing as you pull the chassis out.
Note.
When sliding the chassis back into position, be certain the lines and wiring have not fallen behind the chassis.
Use the grille screws for adjustment when realigning the grille.

To Remove the Fan
1. Extend the chassis (see Machine
Compartment above).
2. Pull the blade off the motor shaft.
3. Cut the wire tie securing the fan wiring to the fan bracket.

Caution:
Fan connector can be separated into 3 segments (center, left side, and right side). Disconnect the fan connector at the center only.
4. Disconnect the fan connector.
5. Feed wiring through the hole in the fan shroud.
6. Remove 2 screws, top section of fan bracket, and motor

• 1 year later...
Kermit6744202

Chat-in-RI - 

Your post was a huge help.  Just had to replace my condenser fan last night in my built in GE Monogram.  It is only 4 years old and so far 2 transformers and now the fan.  Looks like I will get plenty of practice fixing this expensive piece of junk.

• 2 years later...

I have to replace the fan motor in a GE Monogram this afternoon.  The description is helpful, but having access to the photos referenced in the post would be terrific.