Click here to check out our on-demand appliance repair training webinars.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Refrigerator (PHSB67EHSB1) water dispenser won't shut off

tns

The water dispenser on my Fridgidaire PHSB67EHSB1 started dispensing water continuously. I turned off the water line to stop the flow. Every 5 minutes I can hear the dispenser cycle (probably to fill ice tray). When cycling to fill the ice tray the water dispenser light turns on and doesn't shut off. While in fill up cycle I can't turn the light off. After the fill up cycle stops I can turn the light off. After turning the light off I can turn on the water line and it doesn't dispense water...... until the full up cycle starts again. I assume the board is corrupted but it looks like there are two boards. On the schematic part 38 (power board / switch board ?) and part 38C (control board ). From the symptoms can you identify the faulty part? If no is there a way to identify the faulty part?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Budget Appliance Repair

• tns

• Hiroshi

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had this happen when liquid runs down behind the dispenser trim piece/cover and it bridges connections on the board molex- especially if it is the stainless steel version with the metal dispenser trim. (the metal trim piece is too stiff to conform to the door surface, letting liquids through easily) So, before buying any parts, take the cover off and inspect the dispensary electronics for coca-cola contamination!

Most of the Frigidaire's uses two diodes in the wiring to the water dispenser and icemaker water fill valves.  Depending on which of the diodes short out anytime the icemaker calls for water the water dispenser will flow water for the 7 seconds that it takes to fill the ice maker or anytime you dispense water from the front dispenser the icemaker will also get water which would make it overflow.

I did some research before finishing this post, yours uses the diodes in the wiring harness.  If you look at the wiring diagram it doesn't specify that there is a diode, (you have to know what you are seeing on the diagram).  The wiring pictorial/schematic calls it out as two diodes in the water and ice valve wiring harness.

You won't find it anywhere in the part break downs, there is a service bulletin with the correct part# for the diode kits.

For a temporary fix you can pull the wiring harness plug off the water valve that goes to the door dispenser so that when the icemaker fills it won't power the dispenser valve also.  You won't have an in door water dispenser until you replace the diodes but you also won't flood the kitchen every time the icemaker fills.

Here are three discussions that should lead you to the correct part# for the diode kit you will need:

This should be the correct part for yours (Side X Side with crescent cube icemaker):
Part number: 5303918287

Part number: 5303918287