Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

GE Induction Range PHS925ST1SS - Logic Board issues=stumped

toones

I recently got this GE Induction Range PHS925ST1SS used and am trying to fix it as we can't really afford to buy a new high end range.  The range was given to me not working.  Originally the range had an FA83 error code (from what I recall).  The error prevented anything from working other than the clock.

Searches lead me to replace the relay control board and the main logic board.  The relay board didn't change anything.  When I replace the main logic board I received different error code and problems.

The new logic board presents with a flashing "insert" light, error codes F620 and F31, and the control panel buttons don't work right (like they have been remapped).  After further research I found that the same board is used in the PHS925 and PS978.  When I looked up the PS978, I found that the buttons are mapped to the PS978.

On the control assembly board there is a J201 which is the model selector.  I believe this is what selects between the PHS925 and PS978.  This is done via a resistor.  According to the technical service manual, this should be a 2.37K ohm resistor, which it is (the manual states that the PS978 should be a 1.91k resistor).

I am stumped.  I have tested the resistor and it is providing the correct amount of resistance.  I have checked continuity between the board and the resistor and it is fine.  I have exchanged the board with another and end up with the exact same results.

Does anyone have any ideas on where to go from here?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• toones

• Hiroshi

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are my thoughts: The only thing "high-end" about this machine is the difficulty you will have fixing it. Most repairmen who value their time just walk on these models (which is why nobody is leaping to give advice I'm guessing). So, think more in terms of reasonable repair and sensible function and dump this "high-end" bologna!  It is not sensible to attempt to own and maintain a Jaguar on a budget, same goes for fancy appliances...