Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

WPL GSC25C6EYY02 water line leak

pumps

Ran in to something new to me. This fridge had a water leak. The filter housing in the upper right of fresh food has two lines connecting to it that have little right angle things that plug in. One of them had a crack. The one that comes out of the filter ,goes thru the cabinet down the back, and back in to the reservoir. Got a new one , replaced and went ok. Flowed water from dispenser , everything ok. Turned on icemaker because I was checking for additional leaks. On the water valve, discharging to the icemaker another crack. Same type of elbow fitting. When I look up this part it appears to just be a straight piece of tubing.Here: http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Water-Line/WPW10238092/1872937?ss=-x7770773130323338303932

I've some clear tubing left over from icemaker kits...same size?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pumps

• Hiroshi

• micabay

• lvasquez11

You could use it but making those tight corners out of filter housing might be tough.

ive use bulk 1/4 tubing from menards. These gray lines are cracking on all refrigerators

The one from the filter I replaced with the correct part with the bend. It's the one from the water valve going to the icemaker that I'm wondering if it is 1/4 " tubing I can replace it with. That what the part looks like when I looked it up. A straight piece of tubing.

I would give it a shot.  The replacement part (w10490809) for the one pictured didn't have a 90* turn.

these seemed to be of slighlty different diameter than stock tubing... another tricky move by whirlpool

On July 20, 2016 at 7:13 PM, micabay said:

Whirlpool would never sell an poorly designed part!  :boohoo:

512465D8-5E5F-4FD1-ACD9-D32F6DBBED3B_zps

How have they not had a class action lawsuit ? 

• 4 weeks later...

I DID use some standard 1/4 inch tubing. The type that comes in the ice maker kits . It seemed to work just fine and no calls from the customer.

Good to know, I hope the manufacturer gets stuck with a million of these garbage parts!