Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Dryer pops breaker

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 Lurker_HousewifeUnderLaundry_*

Lurker_HousewifeUnderLaundry_*
  • Lurking at the Threshold

Posted 18 May 2005 - 05:17 AM

I live in a moble home and my dryer keeps poping my breaker. Had breaker checked, fine. It is a Norge super large capacity and this only happens when I try to dry a full load. I can dry one or two items with out a problem but anything more and 'snap'. I checked the plug in back, it seems to be attached right and I don't feel any heat. Any ideas? Could sure use your help, my laundry is piling up fast!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Lurker_HousewifeUnderLaundry_*

Posted 18 May 2005 - 05:50 AM

I was afraid of this. No one knows how to help, huh? Is it because it is a Norge? Could it be a censor of some kind? It only seems to snap with a full load of wet clothes.

#3 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 18 May 2005 - 08:10 AM

Would help if you would post a model number, or at least if it was gas or electric???  And give the techs that are busy and out working, not sitting here waiting for someone to post on the board, time to see your question.  Pegi
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#4 TyrranzzX

TyrranzzX

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 02:47 PM

More clothing = more weight = the motor has to work harder and therefor draw more amps. Being a mobile home I don't think that particular washer was meant for the wiring. If there were a short it'd blow a fuse in the washer and then the washer wouldn't work.

If course the plug won't be hot; it was designed to handle the full amperage load of the machine and if it shorted, then the power would be disconnected internally.

A good idea is to check the wattage output of each circut. If it doesn't say, then measure the wire, get the gauge off of it and check for the max voltamps output on the wire.

#5 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,691 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 18 May 2005 - 02:57 PM

[user=0]HousewifeUnderLaundry[/user] wrote:

I was afraid of this. No one knows how to help, huh? Is it because it is a Norge?

Let's see, you post a question in this appliance repair help forum and you didn't get a reply in less than an hour? I see. Well, please accept my apologies for your inconvenience and for the obviously substandard service you have received here. This is totally unacceptable and you obviously deserve better than this. Please fill out this form and you'll receive a special gift for your trouble.

#6 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 03:51 PM

She said this was a dryer, not a washer............

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

#7 Lurker_HousewifeUnderLaundry_*

Posted 19 May 2005 - 09:26 AM

Wow. I apperantly offended some people with out meaning too. I am sorry. This is my first time at this site and I didn't realize it might take a while to get an answer. For some reason I thought (since I could tell that people had been checking the question) that it was a 'manned' website with someone online answering questions in almost real time. That's what I get for thinking. Again, I'm very sorry.

#8 Lurker_Dryer User_*

Lurker_Dryer User_*

Posted 19 May 2005 - 09:49 AM

Mum, we are listening to your model no.:P

#9 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 11:16 AM

No one can really help you without the model number, this dryer is probably made by Maytag, but we do not know.   Your breaker is popping either because the dryer is drawing high amps or you have something wrong with the electrical to the dryer.  I am "assuming" this is an electric dryer which would take two 30 amp breakers.  So either you have a bad breaker, or they are not 30 amps, or you have something wrong in the breaker box or to the wall outlet, or a burnt wall outlet.  If all of that is ok, you have something inside of your dryer that is causing it to draw way too many amps in the heat circut, like the element is grounded.   How long has the dryer been in this location?  Did this just start poping the breaker or was this dryer just installed at this location and has done this from day one.  Is this a new dryer or an older one???   There is a lot more  information we need here to help you but WE NEED MORE INFORMATION PLEASE.

#10 exsearsguy

exsearsguy

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 07:10 AM

Well,really it is because it's a Norge.No model number,but my guess is it's a problem with your electrical box.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics