Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
TheHappySavage

TheHappySavage

2 posts in this topic

Help please!! I recently installed a GE Dryer model number DVL223EB4WW but i can't get it to heat at all. I've checked the circuit breakers as well as the exhaust vent, but nothing has worked. I am a little worried that the outlet is not the right specifications as I noticed that while it was marked at 30 amps, it was also marked 126/250V whereas my dryer is supposed to run 208/240V according to the owner's manual. Would this difference in voltage be enough to keep the dryer from heating? Or is something else the matter? If I need to check the heating element or the fuses, where are those located? Thanks very much for any help you can give me.

Tim

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

You need to use your multimeter and measure the voltages at the dryer outlet. This page explains what you're looking for.