Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
5smiths-son

Amana Dishwasher Door issue

3 posts in this topic

I have meeditated and attempted to balance my yin and yang but to no avail. My frustration level is high and I can't figure out what happened here but the door just falls open now. It used to open and suspend wherever you wanted it to.

I described the appliance but here it is again

Amana SofSound II Undercounter Dishwasher Model # ADB2200AWW

The dang thing is less than 2 years old so I am a bit out of my Zen center on this. Thanks for any and all help

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

It sounds as if you have a broken door spring or springs found on the end of the door hinges connecting to the side frame.  Check these by taking the bottom kick plate off and visually inspecting them, if it is the door springs when you replace them make sure that they are not rubbing against the cabinet.

Thanks,

This is indeed where the problem lies. It is a pulley system connected by a cheap piece of plastic. Thanks for the advice on checking the cabinent rub. After I get the part I'll check it out.

Thanks for the great help, it's nice to know there are still true professionals out there willing to share knowledge.