Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Need help with Whirlpool Dryer

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 bigrigfixer

bigrigfixer

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 06:22 PM

Hi.  I've been browsing a bit, and figured out I need a new motor.  So, how, in your great wisdom, do I change the motor out?  It's a Whirlpool.  The numbers I got from it are:  JLDE8400N1, and FK 14780.

Thanks.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Mad Mac

Mad Mac

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 06:35 PM

Hmm...can you recheck that model number? Should be on a sticker next to the hole that the laundry goes in.
Mad Mac....Pray to God he's out there....somewhere.

#3 bigrigfixer

bigrigfixer

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 06:58 PM

Yep, the numbers I gave are correct.  One's the model number, the other's the serial number.

#4 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 18 May 2005 - 07:08 PM

Hummmm, looks really odd, that  " J  "  does not look to be long there and with or without it does not come up.   the LDE is correct for W/P, = Laundry, Dryer, Electric.  Is this a USA dryer or is this in another country??  Is your lint filter on the top or down in the door area? Is this a free-standing dryer or a stack unit???  We just do not recognize that sequesnce of letters and numbers but the format is correct.  And the serial number does not seem to have enough numbers.  Sorry, is just a puzzle, see if you can help us out with some of this additional infomation to the above questions, please.  Pegi
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#5 bigrigfixer

bigrigfixer

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 07:09 PM

The tag says "Made in Canada" on it.  If that helps.  And the lint trap is on the top, right rear.

#6 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,152 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 20 May 2005 - 03:56 AM

Ah, piece of pie.  Dryer disassembly help at this link.

#7 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 20 May 2005 - 08:02 AM

Thanks for the "Made in Canada" information.  I suspected this was the problem.  We do not have access to the model numbers for these products here in the USA.  :)  Pegi
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics