Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

diagnostic cycle for whirlpool dishwasher?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 susand

susand

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 01:53 PM

Hello, I have a Whirlpool Quiet Partner II Dishwasher, Model DU1145XTPB1.

The clean light blinks 7 times, stops, and repeats continuously.  The dishwasher will not run, except for the cancel/drain cycle.

From what I have read on the internet, this means the water coming in was too cold.  That problem (with my water heater) is now fixed.   However, in order to "reset" the appliance, apparently I have to run a diagnostic cycle, which I supposedly can determine how to run by looking at the product tech sheet which is supposed to be behind the kickplate.  In fact, there is no product tech sheet there.  The owner's manual says only to call for service if the clean light is blinking.

Does anyone know how to run a diagnostic cycle on a Whirlpool Quiet Partner II dishwasher?

Many thanks for any advice. 

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 16 April 2006 - 02:26 PM

Here is the tech sheet for the TB0 should be close enough.

Here is the Service Pointer....

Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#3 susand

susand

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 02:36 PM

Thank you!!!

#4 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 16 April 2006 - 02:39 PM

:cool:
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#5 lo

lo

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 09:23 PM

In case it might save some time ...

For Whirlpool DW DU1145XTPB, Quiet Partner II-- When the clean light is blinking and no other front panel controls will work, do the following: push SaniRinse-Heated Dry-SaniRinse-Heated Dry. This will put the unit into diagnostic mode. Then, push Cancel after about 10 seconds. You are no longer locked out. Run the dishwasher normally.

Supposedly, the unit is finding fault with the water temp and it's only answer is to lock you out of the controls so you'll be forced to call for service. It's BS. It's really nothing more than after market income generation. It has been designed to fail. Buy a Fridigaire with mechanical controls on the front panel. Costs less than half.
Whirlpool...could be worse
Should be delivered from a hearse.
Brand new it's nearly dead
Less than a year you'll surely dread ...buying
Whirlpool ..well it could be worse.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics