Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE washer giving me much grief

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 edcorsaro

edcorsaro

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 03:32 AM

Model WWSE5200B1WW. 2 yrs old. doesn't spin or aggitate. Sometimes it does, but most of the time the motor goes on off on off on off. I hear what I think is the centrifical switch on the motor going on off on off. I pulled the belt and the motor runs fine in aggitate. During spin it clicks on off on off. the more pressure I apply to the motor shaft the worst it gets. The pump works fine. Any suggestions?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,063 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 19 May 2005 - 03:45 AM

If the supply voltage to the motor is steady, then you need to replace the motor.

Posted Image

#3 edcorsaro

edcorsaro

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 04:30 AM

Where can I get a wiring diagram, or can you tell me which is the hot wire? Thanks

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,063 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 04:41 AM

The wiring diagram is inside the control console.  If you need help reading it, post it here or fax it to me, 775-416-4449.

#5 edcorsaro

edcorsaro

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 03:30 AM

Well, I think I stumbled on the problem. When I turned the cycle speed knob. (you know , the one that changes the spin and aggitate speed. i.e. Gentle, fast ect.) it started to work. I have done 5 loads with no problem. I guess this means I need to buy this switch. Is this true? I couldn't find it on your web site. Thanks. where do I send the beer?

#6 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,063 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 03:59 AM

You can get any part you need using the convenient form at the bottom of this page, scroll down. 

Love offerings of beer go to the United Samurai Beer Fund.

#7 Lurker_Mike in Crown Town_*

Lurker_Mike in Crown Town_*
  • Lurking at the Threshold

Posted 24 May 2005 - 11:39 AM

[user=806]edcorsaro[/user] wrote:

Well, I think I stumbled on the problem. When I turned the cycle speed knob. (you know , the one that changes the spin and aggitate speed. i.e. Gentle, fast ect.) it started to work. I have done 5 loads with no problem. I guess this means I need to buy this switch. Is this true? I couldn't find it on your web site. Thanks. where do I send the beer?

Ed: Any update on this? My GE WPSE5290AOWW is having the exact same problem. I tried messing with the switch, and I can get it to work, but it is inconsistent. I can do a load w/ no problems, then the next load on the same setting starts clicking during spin.

I also believe it is the switch mechanism, but at $120...I'd like to be damn sure. Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics