Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE Dryer venting question

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Robin

Robin

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 08:28 AM

Now that our dryer is back in working order (no funny sounds anymore, belt is on), we need to fix the very poor venting that was put in upon installation.  When our house was built, the vent to the outdoors was cut almost flush with the wall - there isn't really anythign to clamp onto.  Additionally, our dryer out vent is extremeley close to the house vent, so the long metal thing they attached seems very bad - because it has to bunch up back there in order to get it to fit back there.

I'm wondering if the periscoping version would be good for us, but I'm concerned about how to get it attached to the wall.  It's not like there is much room to work back there.

Thanks,

-Robin

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 19 May 2005 - 09:05 AM

Hot wet air needs a 4" vent with NO restrictions, straight out if possible.   What is wet and goes up, sticks.  You will always have problems if you have bends, elbows, squashed vent tubing, etc.  We cannot see your set-up, but sounds like you really need to have a new vent system installed, other wise you are just wasting electricity with long dry times and over heating your dryer, causing it to fail pre-maturaly...
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 27,927 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 20 May 2005 - 03:43 AM

I refer you to the Ultimate Dryer Venting Guide.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics