Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

attack dog

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ditatomus

ditatomus

Unsui

• Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 04:00 PM

[align=left]i actually have two war stories one about 1 year ago and one i am dealing with now.feel free to help on the latter.first my boss owns a used appliance shop and i have worked for him for about 11 years.from a one car garage operation to a 10 man thriving business.so i go out to this ladies house to fix a warranty:X dryer right.i go to the house next door on accident.when i pull up i here a dog barking in the backyard (fenced front and back) with horses on the property.i think to myself maybe he is in a pen or locked up in the backyard.i go in the gate get to the door and ring the bell,wait a little while then ring the bell again.no answer.about that time around the corner comes an australian shepard and he is not happy :yikes:.he makes a lunge for me so i kick him in the snout,back off and draw the old trusty gerber pocketknife,click her open and face the dog down.at this time he has already found out i'm not going down so easy so he keeps his distance , bares his teeth,barks and growls to let me know he means business.i slowly  back out of the yard facing the dog the whole time.well low and behold the homeowners daughter pulls up.she looks at me crazy because i had a pocketknife in my hand with the dog still at the fence raisin' cane and asks me can i help you.so i proced to tell her who i am and what i am doing.she can't help me at all and my customer is right next door to her.so i tell her sorry about the dog and drive away.never once was i asked about my welfare or if i got bitten.thanks lady! now on to my next problem thanks to good ole' sears. listen up appliantologists this one is a toughy.what i have is a upright freezer model# 253.24092101!freakin frigidaire.anywhoo!it is flashing an e fault code then temp.have a brand new compresor and dryer.no leaks works good.but about every 8 to 10 hours this bad boy sets the temp. alarm off.adaptive defrost of course but no tech sheet.tried all local parts houses,sears' parts lookup.and other forums including repairclinic.com.the tech is not on the schem.!really nice customer:),patient and understanding.figure this one out and i'll contribute to the beer fund!!!! [/align]

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 grizzly

grizzly

Yamabushi

• Scholar of Appliantology
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 02:50 PM

[align=left]she looks at me crazy because i had a pocketknife in my hand with the dog still at the fence raisin' cane and asks me can i help you.so i proced to tell her who i am and what i am doing.she can't help me at all and my customer is right next door to her.so i tell her sorry about the dog and drive away.never once was i asked about my welfare or if i got bitten.thanks lady![/align]

Ok, I know this post is a year old, but let me make sure I get this correct: you are at the WRONG house, on some stranger's property with a knife drawn on their pet, they pull up and you expect THEM to be sympathetic? Were you expecting them to be grateful to you for mugging their pooch? :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics