Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

kenmore dishwasher not cleaning

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 oncemyway

oncemyway

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 08:50 AM

hey guys-

i have a 4 year old kenmore, model 665-15832000. it doesn't do a very good job of cleaning dishes.

i started the washer and let it go until i could hear it washing (or spraying) and i opened the door to see what level the water was at. i read it's supposed to be at the bottom of the heating element but i'm not sure what the heating element is. is it the metal (tubular) bar that runs around the bottom of the washer? if so, the water is a good 1/2" under that when full. the water temp is about 115 degrees.

also, when i start the washer, the display says 85 minutes. about 10 minutes later, it says 83 minutes. it takes a long time to wash a load, like almost 2 hours.

any ideas?

thanks

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Ron

Ron

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 06:32 PM

Hi there,   that tubular thing is your element.   Your water temp in the dishwasher should be a minimum of 120 degrees,  130 would even be better,  Run your hot water faucet before starting the dishwasher,  this way you are filling with hot water.  The element will only heat that water 1 degree every 5 minutes,  this is why your cycle is taking so long....stoke up that water temp and I think you'll see much better results....Ron

#3 oncemyway

oncemyway

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 06:41 AM

thanks.

i tried running the water but still had problems with it not cleaning. the water is at least a 1/2" under the heating element when fully loaded. should it be this way? if the water isn't up to the element it wouldn't get heated would it?

i see one of the recommended fixes if not enough water is in the washer is to replace the water inlet valve. think i should try that?

#4 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 22 May 2005 - 07:43 AM

That is always the first thing we replace for a not cleaning well problem.....if it appears there is not enough water in the tub to spray the water for good cleaning.
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#5 exsearsguy

exsearsguy

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 07:34 PM

Is your water cutting off before your d-w starts washing,or does it fill the entire time?It's possible a restriction is in the way. Dirty screen,mineral buildup at water inlet(especially if you are on well water).

#6 oncemyway

oncemyway

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 04:54 AM

it seems that it stops filling for a few seconds, then it starts washing. i am on well water and have had problems with cold water screens in the washing machine getting clogged. i haven't had any problems with hot water screen yet, i assume the water heater is catching all that.

where is the screen on a dishwasher? in the water inlet valve area?

regardless, i've got a new inlet valve on order just to see if that fixes it. everything else in the machine looks good, spray arms are clear, the machine seems to drain fine, etc.

#7 oncemyway

oncemyway

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 04:31 AM

well, replacing the water inlet valve helped immensely.

thank you all for the tips.

#8 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 02 June 2005 - 08:22 AM

;)
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics