LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out our on-demand appliance repair training webinars.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

wiring thermostat

Nicky

Hi, I just installed a ritetemp programable thermostat. I have a five wire set up and the heat works but the ac and the fan switch don't work. I removed the jumper wire like it  said to and think all the wiring is correct but it looks like something is in the wrong spot. It's a gas fired fired system with the condenser outside. I will call the company but hoping for an answer here. thanks

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok thanks for the input, i figured it out. the jumper needed to stay because i had what was considered a 4 wire system. The blue was an optional power feed to the "c"

Does your thermostat have RH and RC terminals? Are they joined as one?

yes it does have rh rc terminals. that was the problem, i removed the jumper between these because i was reading on wiring a 5 wire system because i was counting the optional blue "c" wire as the 5th wire. it worked out well and works great. thanks

Archived