Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Lost with the new appliances? The Samurai teaches you Circuit Fu…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
bongerball

leaking whirlpool washer

3 posts in this topic

Hey, My washer leaks from underneath, took the cabinet off, pump is fine, hoses are fine looked underneath at the plastic tub liner, there is a small one inch crack underneath closer to the middle.  My question is, could it be possible to somehow fix this crack with some kind of epoxy, or plastic welder, ive used that before worked great. The crack isnt bad,  the plastic is otherwise in excellent shape, its flexible, not hard old or brittle.  This washer is mine and will be used by me out in my shop, concrete floors so im not worried about water damage, if you could recommend something that could, possibly, maybe work, even just for a little while.  And I do realize if this were a washer i was fixing or selling for someone else patching it would be out of the question.  Also if I cant patch it, could you tell me how to get the plastic liner out, does the nut on top the agitator shaft turn, or ??? Thanks for all your help love the site 

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Never seen a Kirkland washer but looks just like any Whirlpool.  How old is this washer??  That fiberglass tub has a 10 year warranty from Whirlpool.  I would inquire about warranty repairs before doing anything that might void this.  I suppose there are ways to patch this but let us check on getting a new tub first???  Pegi

It's a 2002, going by the serial number (CM). Labour charge only.