Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

leaking whirlpool washer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bongerball

bongerball

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 11:43 AM

Hey, My washer leaks from underneath, took the cabinet off, pump is fine, hoses are fine looked underneath at the plastic tub liner, there is a small one inch crack underneath closer to the middle.  My question is, could it be possible to somehow fix this crack with some kind of epoxy, or plastic welder, ive used that before worked great. The crack isnt bad,  the plastic is otherwise in excellent shape, its flexible, not hard old or brittle.  This washer is mine and will be used by me out in my shop, concrete floors so im not worried about water damage, if you could recommend something that could, possibly, maybe work, even just for a little while.  And I do realize if this were a washer i was fixing or selling for someone else patching it would be out of the question.  Also if I cant patch it, could you tell me how to get the plastic liner out, does the nut on top the agitator shaft turn, or ??? Thanks for all your help love the site 

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 19 May 2005 - 11:50 AM

Never seen a Kirkland washer but looks just like any Whirlpool.  How old is this washer??  That fiberglass tub has a 10 year warranty from Whirlpool.  I would inquire about warranty repairs before doing anything that might void this.  I suppose there are ways to patch this but let us check on getting a new tub first???  Pegi
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#3 Mad Mac

Mad Mac

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 12:07 PM

It's a 2002, going by the serial number (CM). Labour charge only.
Mad Mac....Pray to God he's out there....somewhere.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics