Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Trying to reset hi limit on a Dacor oven

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 sandstones

sandstones

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 03:16 PM

Getting all kinds of conflicting information on what to do with our 3 year old Dacor oven

Its a double oven - when broiling in the top oven my wife opened to check on what was cooking and apparently blew some sensor. Now the top open won't go above 135, even though convention fan comes on.

Talked to Dacor and have been told a different times that a) need to replace a part but because it is a frequent problem they would pay for parts if we had it installed by a Dacor authorized repair place, or B) that this is just resetting the high limit. When on solution A they wanted $150 to install the parts, which seemed out of line.

Is this reseting something I can do, and if so how? What, if anything, actually gets replaced?

Thanks
SS

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 19 May 2005 - 06:44 PM

Sorry I do not know this system, but someone who does will be sure to help you when they see your post....Pegi
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,841 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 20 May 2005 - 03:01 AM

There is a high limit thermostat behind the grill of the upper oven.  It opened because when your wife opened the door, she interrupted the oven cooling air circuit.  By the way, these don't blow when the door is just opened for a peek.  The door would have to have been held open for a couple minutes or more. 

Fortunately, these thermostats are re-settable.  Cut power to the oven, remove the grill, reach in and press the button on the hi limit t'stat to reset it.

And no more cooking with the door open!

#4 sandstones

sandstones

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 12:28 PM

And thats all it was - 10 minutes with a screwdriver for someone who had never opened up this over before.

And to think the Dacor recommended appliance guy was quoting between $100 and $200 to fix this.

#5 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 23 May 2005 - 09:15 AM

I  am sure he also thanks you, Samurai.    ......;)   I thank you......:cool:
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#6 Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 02:37 PM

This sounds pretty much exactly like the problem we're having - and caused the same way.

Difference is that ours is a Dacor ERD30S064CH (30" dual-fuel with gas broiler).

I assume there's an equivalent thermostat reset for this model, but I can't find it!

Any clues?  Thanks very much.

Mort-

#7 ljw

ljw

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 August 2006 - 12:28 AM

soooo, I have the grill off (the stainless plate over the lock latch, right?) - but don't see a reset button. any hints? thanks

#8 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,841 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 06 August 2006 - 12:36 AM

It's a little red button in the thermal hi-limit switch. Find the thermal hi-limit and you'll find the button. So, now you're wondering what the thermal hi-limit looks like. Get your model number, scroll t the bottom of the page and plug your info in on the parts lookup table. You'll get to a picture of it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics