Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
sandstones

Trying to reset hi limit on a Dacor oven

8 posts in this topic

Getting all kinds of conflicting information on what to do with our 3 year old Dacor oven

Its a double oven - when broiling in the top oven my wife opened to check on what was cooking and apparently blew some sensor. Now the top open won't go above 135, even though convention fan comes on.

Talked to Dacor and have been told a different times that a) need to replace a part but because it is a frequent problem they would pay for parts if we had it installed by a Dacor authorized repair place, or B) that this is just resetting the high limit. When on solution A they wanted $150 to install the parts, which seemed out of line.

Is this reseting something I can do, and if so how? What, if anything, actually gets replaced?

Thanks

SS

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Sorry I do not know this system, but someone who does will be sure to help you when they see your post....Pegi

There is a high limit thermostat behind the grill of the upper oven.  It opened because when your wife opened the door, she interrupted the oven cooling air circuit.  By the way, these don't blow when the door is just opened for a peek.  The door would have to have been held open for a couple minutes or more. 

Fortunately, these thermostats are re-settable.  Cut power to the oven, remove the grill, reach in and press the button on the hi limit t'stat to reset it.

And no more cooking with the door open!

And thats all it was - 10 minutes with a screwdriver for someone who had never opened up this over before.

And to think the Dacor recommended appliance guy was quoting between $100 and $200 to fix this.

I  am sure he also thanks you, Samurai.    ......;)   I thank you......:cool:

This sounds pretty much exactly like the problem we're having - and caused the same way.

Difference is that ours is a Dacor ERD30S064CH (30" dual-fuel with gas broiler).

I assume there's an equivalent thermostat reset for this model, but I can't find it!

Any clues?  Thanks very much.

Mort-

soooo, I have the grill off (the stainless plate over the lock latch, right?) - but don't see a reset button. any hints? thanks

It's a little red button in the thermal hi-limit switch. Find the thermal hi-limit and you'll find the button. So, now you're wondering what the thermal hi-limit looks like. Get your model number, scroll t the bottom of the page and plug your info in on the parts lookup table. You'll get to a picture of it.