Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Upper bearing

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 samo1056

samo1056

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 04:59 PM

Hello, I have a frigidaire washing machine about 8 years old.I was told by the parts clinic that the noise at high extraction was this upper bearing.Well for better discrition it would be a sleve in y opinion.Anyway I am having a very hard time getting to this part.I can not find I diagram and of course most bolts are not co-operating.What is the best wat to get to this part .Thanks Samo1056 

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 samo1056

samo1056

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 05:45 PM

Model number FWS645G4

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,830 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 05 April 2005 - 06:58 AM

The attached file will enlighten you.

Attached Files

#4 samo1056

samo1056

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 08:15 AM

Dear Sir,

This is a miscomunication on my part in that my washer is a top loader and I see nothing that will help me get to the problem.

Thanks aagain Ben

#5 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,830 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 05 April 2005 - 01:45 PM

No, that was sloppy on my part.  I couldn't get your model number to pull up so I guessed that it was a front loader.  Consider it a bonus!

I presume you have the agitator and the tub splash cover out and have exposed the 1/2" bolts holding the spin basket to the trunion?  If they're stuck, it just takes spit and determination.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics