Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Maytag Performa Help needed

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 PinGary

PinGary

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 06:25 AM

This 2 year old washer does not seem to rinse out well enough.
Clothes are wetter than they should be. The customer also complains of it shaking to much and will actually move several inches. I looked at the base area. no broken springs, no missing or loose bolts, pulleys etc. are fine. All seems to be ok. There is evidence of the front of the tub banging on the front of the machine so customer is not crazy. The tub assembly seems to move freely. Any ideas as to what I could try next

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Fixum

Fixum

Yamabushi

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 08:06 AM

replace the snubber ring  part 21001161 should be the part number if it has not changed and don't forget to put the corn starch on the base before you reinstall the transmission,O by the way the machine has to be totaly disassembled to do this repair about a four beerer:bananadance:
Fix On

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,808 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 20 May 2005 - 09:28 AM

[user=25]Fixum[/user] wrote:

about a four beerer

... on the SUDS-o-meter.

#4 PinGary

PinGary

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 10:37 AM

My books don't list that #. Could it also be called a "Damper Pad" ang goes between the circular base and the bottom frame.
I can see how that may cause a machine to shake. How would that cause it to not rinse out well enough? I don't doubt you, I'd just like to know more.

One quick ?. You say the machine has to come "completely" apart. Does this mean the drums, tranny, etc type of completely?
Thank you in advance

#5 Lurker_FearDaughter_*

Lurker_FearDaughter_*
  • Lurking at the Threshold

Posted 20 May 2005 - 10:41 AM

I am having trouble with my Maytag Performa clothes dryer.  Suddenly, it doesn't work...at all... I don't know how to troubleshoot to even begin to find the problem.  Can you help me?

#6 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,808 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 20 May 2005 - 11:23 AM

Timer.  No, wait, bad transmission.  No, no, no, I meant to say bad motor.  No, bad lid switch, I mean it this time.  Well, it's one of those anyway. 

I will leave the Coup de grâce to Pegi. 

#7 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 20 May 2005 - 12:21 PM

Hahahaha, ok well here goes....Dear FearDaughter.  One, please start a new topic, you are wanting help on an dryer in a washer thread.  Two, we sure would like to know  what your dryer is doing, EXACTLY, if possible.  Dead? no heat? will not shut off?  popping your breaker? walking out of your house in the middle of the night?  eating the chocolate chip cookins saved for the party?  or other? Three, we cannot do anything at all without Model and Serial numbers.....Thank you.
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#8 Fixum

Fixum

Yamabushi

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 21 May 2005 - 04:32 AM

yep it does mean that the tub, basket , springs, agaitator, brake assy bottom tranny pulley and assorted goodies that are in their respected places have to come out to get to the snubber

the reason that the snubber would cause this slow or not a complete spin is that the tub will not be able to come up to full speed spin due to the overmovement of the tub assembly, it will act as an out of balance situation and will not be able to get to high speed spin,

if you try a spin cycle with no clothes in it it should spin fairley true with little movement from from side to side, add something into the machine to simulate a out of balance situation, and you will see that the tub moves way out of  balance

Fix On

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics