Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
scotty75

Whirlpool Washer BAD leak!!!

3 posts in this topic

My Whirlpool washing machine got rid of all it's water from somewhere, just not through the discharge hose.  I took all the sides off and inspected all the hoses, even filled the tub up with about 10" of water (thought the plastic tub might be leaking down low or around the water level device).  I wasn't in the house when this happened, but my wife came home from taking the kid to school and said that there was 1" of water on the floor.  Last night I pulled out all the wood laminate flooring, tonight worked on the washer.  Anyway, no leaks in tub (with 10" of water) or hoses.  Any ideas?  This was A LOT of water - had it running under walls & into garage as laundry room is on the other side of a wall from garage.  Also, water was at least partially soapy - not sure if the machine dumped the wash water and then ran through a rinse cycle, too.  No water was in the tub when my wife looked.  Washer is model number:GSQ9300EQ0.  Purchased in 1998 or 1999.  Thanks for the help

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Scotty,  it almost sounds like your pressure switch failed and it kept on filling.  The pressure switch is under the top panel on the left.  Open up the panel and see if the hose is on it.   Then go ahead and start a normal wash and see if the water fill stops at high level....Ron

possibly the hose from the pressure switch to the tub came off? that would make it overfill.

also, your fill valve may have failed in the open position, thus overfilling the machine.

I do see many pressure switch failures.

to be safe, replace the switch, it's cheaper than flooring

nick