Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Microwave Door handle replacement

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jahnert

jahnert

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 10:19 AM

Due to an accident prone houseguest my microwave door no longer has a handle.  :yikes:

It would appear to be an easy repair if the door could be taken apart.  There are any visible screws.  Do they snap together or is there a secret to get them apart?  I didn't want to start prying and break something else.

Any information is appreciated.  Thanks

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Trying to help

Trying to help

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 05:44 PM

Most Microwave door handles come off by removing the choke or inner door trim. If you open your microwave door you have two spring loaded latches that look like hooks. They come out of the door via rectangular holes cut in the plastic trim piece. If you look at the piece they actually come through, you will see it is really about a 1 1/2" wide rectangular trim that goes around the complete door like an insert. It is held into place by clips on the other side. You want to carefully pry out the insert to expose the screws holding the handle. I usually start around the holes that the latches come through with a small screw driver prying it out. Go slowly because you can break it. If your looking at the door like a large rectangle, I usually pry it out up the complete left side, they about 6-8" on the top and bottom from left to right looking at it. This gives you enough room to access the two screws holding your handle on. You can order the handle by clicking the BLUE link above.       
If we saved YOU Beer $$ today, please make a donation to our beer fund by clicking the link below to help keep this site going. I charge $135.95 PLUS PARTS to do this repair!$! http://fixitnow.com/beerfund.htm

#3 jahnert

jahnert

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 01:53 AM

Thanks for your help.

:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics