Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Begin your journey to appliance repair mastery...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
ryabinskyfamily

Old Frigidaire freezer leaking blue powder?

9 posts in this topic

I have a 20 year old (approx) upright Frigidaire freezer, and yesterday I noticed some sort of blue powder on the floor behind it, which seems to have come out of the freezer. The Frigidaire help line knew nothing about it, so I am wondering if any of you have heard of this. Could it be freon? Is it dangerous to breathe? Any advice that you could give me on diagnosing/fixing this problem would be appreciated.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Sheeeit! Fry mah hide! Thet cudn't be freon no how! Thet's jest corrosion from corndensation on the copper tubing. It'll eventually corrode thru and the freezer will stop freezing. Till then, dont getcher panties in a wad.

Hey, PBM, I don't know what your problem is but I'll bet it's hard to pronounce... especially for you!

Ryab, the Proud Black Man is correct in spite of himself-- you're just seeing copper corrosion residue. No worries.

[user=1]Samurai Appliance Repair Man[/user] wrote:

Hey, PBM, I don't know what your problem is but I'll bet it's hard to pronounce... especially for you!

How bout I pronounce my foot upside yo head? Smartass jive cracker thinks he knows it all. Did I not tell the uptight, freakin out white girl that it ain't no thang? So, yo, wassup wit you man, why you trying to stick it to a brother when I'm just heppin folks out? You got a problem wif a proud black man heppin out at yo yang-lookin forum?

[user=8567]Proud Black Man[/user] wrote:

You got a problem wif a proud black man heppin out at yo yang-lookin forum?

No problem at all, as long as you are furthering the discussions and contributing useful information. I don't even mind you taking cracks at me. I will ask you to tone down the racial epithets, however. I understand you're all into your blackness, wanting a separate nation, getting Whitey and all that rot, but here there are no black or white appliances, only broken ones.

Awwite, homes, it's cool. How bout making a brother a Master Appliantologist? Bet you woodnt do dat!

[user=8567]Proud Black Man[/user] wrote:

How bout making a brother a Master Appliantologist?

How about you stop humiliating yourself in public?

And drop the signature quote referencing racial violence. It disturbs my wa. And it will shortly disturb your ability to participate at all in this forum.

Hello, PBM, my humiliated friend. Once again, the White Man is humiliating the Black Man; although, in this particular case, our flatulent host needed only to allow you to humiliate yourself. It is well-known here in the real Muslim world that your Nation of Islam cult was conceived and started by your Ameedican CIA in order to humiliate and discredit us. I pray to Allah that your cult will convert en masse to Christianity and remove your association from true Islam.

Moostafa,

You ever find yourself in the Metro Detroit area? They say we have the largest Muslim population outside the mid-east. Dearborn is almost like an Arab country, I feel like an outsider when I run call there. I do get treated well, being an infidel is ok if you fix the appliance properly.

Nick