Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Old Frigidaire freezer leaking blue powder?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ryabinskyfamily

ryabinskyfamily

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 11:06 AM

I have a 20 year old (approx) upright Frigidaire freezer, and yesterday I noticed some sort of blue powder on the floor behind it, which seems to have come out of the freezer. The Frigidaire help line knew nothing about it, so I am wondering if any of you have heard of this. Could it be freon? Is it dangerous to breathe? Any advice that you could give me on diagnosing/fixing this problem would be appreciated.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Lurker_Proud Black Man_*

Lurker_Proud Black Man_*
  • Lurking at the Threshold

Posted 02 May 2006 - 04:58 AM

Sheeeit! Fry mah hide! Thet cudn't be freon no how! Thet's jest corrosion from corndensation on the copper tubing. It'll eventually corrode thru and the freezer will stop freezing. Till then, dont getcher panties in a wad.

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,192 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 02 May 2006 - 10:49 AM

Hey, PBM, I don't know what your problem is but I'll bet it's hard to pronounce... especially for you!

Ryab, the Proud Black Man is correct in spite of himself-- you're just seeing copper corrosion residue. No worries.

#4 Lurker_Proud Black Man_*

Lurker_Proud Black Man_*

Posted 04 May 2006 - 04:02 AM

[user=1]Samurai Appliance Repair Man[/user] wrote:

Hey, PBM, I don't know what your problem is but I'll bet it's hard to pronounce... especially for you!

How bout I pronounce my foot upside yo head? Smartass jive cracker thinks he knows it all. Did I not tell the uptight, freakin out white girl that it ain't no thang? So, yo, wassup wit you man, why you trying to stick it to a brother when I'm just heppin folks out? You got a problem wif a proud black man heppin out at yo yang-lookin forum?

#5 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,192 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 04:22 AM

[user=8567]Proud Black Man[/user] wrote:

You got a problem wif a proud black man heppin out at yo yang-lookin forum?

No problem at all, as long as you are furthering the discussions and contributing useful information. I don't even mind you taking cracks at me. I will ask you to tone down the racial epithets, however. I understand you're all into your blackness, wanting a separate nation, getting Whitey and all that rot, but here there are no black or white appliances, only broken ones.

#6 Lurker_Proud Black Man_*

Lurker_Proud Black Man_*

Posted 05 May 2006 - 03:01 AM

Awwite, homes, it's cool. How bout making a brother a Master Appliantologist? Bet you woodnt do dat!

#7 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,192 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 02:51 PM

[user=8567]Proud Black Man[/user] wrote:

How bout making a brother a Master Appliantologist?

How about you stop humiliating yourself in public?

And drop the signature quote referencing racial violence. It disturbs my wa. And it will shortly disturb your ability to participate at all in this forum.

#8 Moostafa

Moostafa

Imam

• The Ayatollah of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Poppy Salmagundi

Posted 06 May 2006 - 05:56 AM

Hello, PBM, my humiliated friend. Once again, the White Man is humiliating the Black Man; although, in this particular case, our flatulent host needed only to allow you to humiliate yourself. It is well-known here in the real Muslim world that your Nation of Islam cult was conceived and started by your Ameedican CIA in order to humiliate and discredit us. I pray to Allah that your cult will convert en masse to Christianity and remove your association from true Islam.

Allahu Akbar!

#9 nickfixit

nickfixit

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,177 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Glen Livit

Posted 06 May 2006 - 02:33 PM

Moostafa,

You ever find yourself in the Metro Detroit area? They say we have the largest Muslim population outside the mid-east. Dearborn is almost like an Arab country, I feel like an outsider when I run call there. I do get treated well, being an infidel is ok if you fix the appliance properly.

Nick

" Giving numerical data to Sears management is like giving a monkey a machine gun. No one knows for certain what will happen, but you can be sure of two things... It will be real messy, and only the monkey will be unharmed"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics