Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Frigidaire Gallery Gas Dryer Overheating

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pianoman

pianoman

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 10:27 PM

Model FSG747GES1 Frigidaire gas dryer continues to overheat despite replacing cycling thermostat and gas solenoids. Venting is clear. Removed vent and ran a load and the air seemed extremely hot although did not register it with a thermometer. It did appear to work for a couple of weeks, maybe more after the aforementioned repairs done. The dryer is almost 7 years old and initially the moisture sensor seemed to work great but that has not worked for years now, I don't know if they are related. When drying, all temperature levels result in scorching of whatever is being dried. Also have the problem that I have seen posted before about clothes getting caught in the front between the door and the "ribs." Is there some sort of switch or control that could be causing the cycling thermostat to go bad? Any help would be appreciated. I am seriously considering a new washer and dryer as this one seems to need a lot of repair work and has been very difficult to diagnose.

Thanks

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,053 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 21 May 2005 - 01:58 PM

The overheating problem and the clothes-eating problem are probably related.  With a bad drum seal, the air flow through the drum is disturbed so the thermostats are not sensing what they should.  You need to replace the front drum felt kit.  This will most likely solve all your problems.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics