Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Isn’t it time to know what you don’t know?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
pianoman

Frigidaire Gallery Washer Fabric Softener Dispenser cup filling with water

4 posts in this topic

Frigidaire Gallery Front Loading Washer, FWT445GES2, has fabric softener dispenser cup that is filled with water at the end of a wash load. Sometimes there is just a small amount but othertimes, completely full. Also the whole dispenser has ugly black gunk?, that is attached to the plastic. How does one clean this all up and maintain it? Is it best to replace this whole dispenser thing and if so, how do you do it.

Thanks

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Pianoman,  there should be a release tab on the desp. when you open it.  Usually a tab on the left side in back that you would push down on.   Remove the whole desp. and clean it up....Ron

I'm sorry, I know about taking the dispenser tray out and cleaning it, which I do periodically. What I am talking about is the housing which is also plastic and surrounds the tray which has a lot of black gunk. Also the problem of the softener dispenser being filled with water when the load is done.

Thanks

Pianoman,  when you pull the desp. out  the fab and bleach desp.  have covers on them.  Remove the fab cover and see if it's all gunked up under there.   You can remove the panel but I wouldn't advise it...Ron