Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Kenmore Gas Dryer...

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Lurker_BigGeorge_*

Lurker_BigGeorge_*
  • Lurking at the Threshold

Posted 21 May 2005 - 02:02 PM

Kenmore, appx 12 years old.  Igniter stopped working.  installed igniter.  Nothing.  Installed new coils. Nothing. Checked continuities.  All closed and apparently no opens.  Help!!! 110-97478100

George

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Ron

Ron

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 21 May 2005 - 02:37 PM

George,  did you check the thermal fuse before replacing the ignitor?  On your model its located in back,  behind the panel to the left of the vent on the blower housing.   It''s white with 2 wires going to it.   Jump the wires and see if the ignitor fires up.   If that's it,  replace the fuse...Ron

#3 Lurker_BigGeorge_*

Lurker_BigGeorge_*

Posted 21 May 2005 - 03:01 PM

I'll check it out.  Thanks for the tip.

#4 Lurker_BigGeorge_*

Lurker_BigGeorge_*

Posted 21 May 2005 - 03:07 PM

Ron, I feel like a big dope. That was it.  Well I had a chance to clean out all the lint so it won't catch fire.  :D

Thanks for providing a very nice service!

Geo

#5 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 21 May 2005 - 05:06 PM

That fuse blew and the lint was in the dryer because the air flow is restricted from the dryer to the outside.  Check your vent housing in the home..
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#6 Apache

Apache

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 05:00 PM

Hi, I was wondering if anyone can help with a White-Westinghouse gas dryer?  I took the vent off the back, cleaned the lint, and found that the igniter glows orange for about 4 seconds and then goes off.  It repeats this cycle about once every 4 minutes if left on.  I am guessing the problem is due to excessive lint and lack of ventilation. Can this dryer tumble and have the igniter glow if a fuse is blown? From the info i've gathered I have narrowed it down to thermal fuse, bad heating element, lack of electricity, or lack of gas.  Any help is appreciated. I'm a washer/dryer newbie, plz help!!!!!!

#7 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 31 May 2005 - 05:53 PM

More likely the coils on top of your gas valve have gone bad. ...you have gas turned on to the dryer..?.
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics