Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to be your own tech line...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Guest Corin

Dryer drum

7 posts in this topic

I own a used Whirlpool Duet gas dryer. When we first got it I noticed a clicking and clinking noise when it ran. I thought it was from my sons overalls. Later I noticed the same noise when there were only towels inside. I looked inside the drum and one of the fins is loose, and when I turn the drum that is exactly where the noise is coming from. I'm assuming that there is just some loose change or buttons in there. Is there a way to remove the fin without taking the drum out?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

If you can post a model number we can tell you exactly how to do it.....Ron

I believe the top of the Duet dryer will come off by removing a few screws in back or if back looks like it is on hinges then use a putty knife in front about 1-2" in from each side to release top.

After top if removed or raised you can very easily access the screws that attach the drum baffles and remove them to clean the junk and coins that are traped in the baffle fins.

Willie's right, the top panel does come off.  More info on a peek inside the Duet dryer here.

Thank you so much for your help! It only took me 15 minutes (not bad for a girl! ;)) and I made 80 cents in the process! Now to just get to the 1/4 inch wrench I dropped! :D That shouldn't be a problem though, I've taken the panel off the bottom of the washer before, so I'm sure it's the same on the dryer.

[user=0]Corin[/user] wrote:

I've taken the panel off the bottom of the washer before, so I'm sure it's the same on the dryer.

Even easier. 

Nice work!  :dude:

no more laundering money!!       :?