Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore SxS model 106.56532400 - no ice

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 pigfish

pigfish

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 May 2005 - 05:59 PM

Hello Samuri Guy, 

YOu are so awsome, I love your site.  I try to read anything I can for help but I can not find a description of the ice maker that i have.  It is the new type that is in the door.  The ice maker itself is up next to the ceiling and the bin is in the door.  It was working just fine, however, the most recent event is that we removed the ice container to get out a large amount of ice.  I feel like this event has something to do with the fact that it won't make any more ice.  I have checked and double checked to make sure everything is correctly aligned.  The laser light goes blink - blink - pause when the freezer is open and is a stead light when the freezer is closed.  The water dispenser is working and the filter is not clogged.  This is a 6 month old unit (Yes I will call sears) But, I want to make sure we did not do something wrong first. 

I checked the Electonic controls and the freezer and refigerator are set on 4 (what the manufacturer suggests).  However, the control panel  in my refrigerator is opposite of the diagram in my user manual.   can you tell me if one is the coldest or is nine...

From reading your wonderful website I have this strange feeling that maybe the freezer is not cold enough. I am in Houston and it was a record breaking temperature today, I have had kids home from college and maybe just maybe there is more activity in my freezer that what is normal for this empty nester. 

Any help/comment you have will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Samuri Guy!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 nickfixit

nickfixit

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,111 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Glen Livit

Posted 22 May 2005 - 01:40 AM

Check the little black tube that lets the water into the icemaker. Squeeze it ti see it it is frozen. If so thaw it out with a hair dryer. It's real common on your style of icemaker.

Nick

" Giving numerical data to Sears management is like giving a monkey a machine gun. No one knows for certain what will happen, but you can be sure of two things... It will be real messy, and only the monkey will be unharmed"

#3 nickfixit

nickfixit

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,111 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 01:42 AM

sorry, sqeeze it to see if it is frozen.

me and my keyboard are a little off today.

" Giving numerical data to Sears management is like giving a monkey a machine gun. No one knows for certain what will happen, but you can be sure of two things... It will be real messy, and only the monkey will be unharmed"

#4 pigfish

pigfish

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 04:37 AM

Ahhh NIckFixIt you are wise, their was a tiny little icicle in that black tube. I blasted it with my heat gun and the black tube is soft and pliable again.  But, nothing is happening, is there something I need to reset? and do I need to turn down the freezer temp?

Thanks

#5 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 22 May 2005 - 08:28 AM

There is a repair kit that has a heater to address this water tube freeze up problem as they all freeze up.  Be sure Sears is aware this tube is freezing up when you call them so they can have this kit with them to install this heater. Be sure to have this done while still in warranty as it will cost you a lot in labor time when it is out.  Also if the ice bin in not seated into the door properly , this might cause the icemaker to be dead, but do not remember.  All of these Whirlpool made ref's with the ice in the door do have this problem with the tube freeze up.  Also look to see if something in the freezer is blocking the beam from the enitter to the receiver board.  Also this ice maker has a built in 50 minute time delay any time something is done within the ice system, so will be awhile for it to start working again.  Do not adjust your freezer temps down, as this will not solve your problem, just keep them where you have had it in the past and call Sears. 9 is the coldest, 1 is warmest, just keep them in the middle..  :)
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#6 nickfixit

nickfixit

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,111 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 10:52 AM

Make sure it's clear going up into the tube. I use an empty "Zoom  Spout  Oiler" cleaned out and filled with hot water. A turkey baster might work, just have a towel to catch the water. Then snake something up there to see if it is all clear.

Just wait a few hours ans see if it fills and gives you ice.

The new units are not supposed to need the fill tube kit, and the kits don't fit well(or at all) in the newer units. They won't fix your problem anyway. They have an air duct blowing cold air directly on the fill tube and icemaker. Take some aluminum tape, and block about half the duct on the side closest to the tube. Even with the kits, the water will freeze at the tube end. It's just super cold there, and a drop or 2 freezes every cycle and over time it gets plugged completely.

Nick

#7 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 23 May 2005 - 08:04 AM

I would not do anything to this new frig, let Sears do all of the work.  And be sure you buy an extended warranty on this box as you will be needing it.   Call them every time you have any problems with that ice system or any other problems, as there will be several.  This is a Whirlpool frig, , we have seen some of the parts fail on these, so buy that extended warranty today.  Pegi
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics