Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
Guest stjorg43@cs.com

Amana Washer -

2 posts in this topic

Amana washer - ALW780QAW -

Purchased 09/2001 - Many problems, many service calls. Have spent almost as much on service calls as original price.

On the last 2 service calls, the tech greased what he called the thrust washer as it was noisy. I was not here. Don't know what type of grease or how to do this. Do you have a diagram and could you talk/write me through this.

The noise is so loud you can hear it outside the home.

Also, with all the problems with this unit, are you aware of any massive recalls on this model?

Thank you for any direction you can give me.

James Hayes

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

what kind of a noise is it,and when does it occur?  if it is present during both agitation and spinning,it may have nothing to do with the thrust bearing and may be something like a nail,or bra support wire caught in the pump-this can make quite a dramatic noise.