Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Whirlpool Laundry Center Part

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Lurker_brucelud@ix.netcom.com_*

Lurker_brucelud@ix.netcom.com_*
  • Lurking at the Threshold

Posted 22 May 2005 - 05:18 AM

I have a Whirlpool Laundry Center Model # LT5005XMNO in a summer home that is not winterized.  Last winter, I must not have gotten enough anti-freeze into the system and when I hooked up the water a couple of weeks ago, it was leaking badly.  The pump was broken and leaking, so I replaced that.  Most of the leak was gone, but I am still getting a few drops that are leaking from the top of a yellowish and buff colored soft plastic piece that is attached to the bottom of the tub.  It is several inches long and has an outlet that goes to one of the larger ports of the washer pump (three ports).  It does appear to have something inside it, but I didn't want to tear down the washer until I had the parts to fix it.

I tried to find a diagram of the model so I could get the part name and order one, but I haven't been successful.  The parts list at repairclinic has something called a drain protector that looks a lot like this part, but mine doesn't have a metal rod on it and the one pictured appears to have two outlets and mine has only one.

If anyone can help me with the name of this item, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Bruce

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 22 May 2005 - 11:42 AM

Posted Image

Reference #17 is the tub outlet manifold...357160=285179.....

Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#3 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 22 May 2005 - 11:49 AM

by the way you have described this,it sounds to me like this is an older belt driven unit(pump with 3 outlets) and the part you are describing is the manifold(pin catcher or button trap) which is made of rubber and has a hard plastic insert pressed into it. conceivably,this could have been split and cracked if frozen up.not an expensive part by any means,but somewhat labor intensive to replace as you must gain access to it from the inside of the tub because the plastic insert inside the manifold lifts out from above,and the new manifold must be pressed down through from the top and then sealed prior to reinserting theplastic piece. remove the tub ring,agitator and spin basket-bear in mind that the large spanner nut that secures the basket on these units is a left hand thread and therefore must turn clockwise to loosen.;)
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#4 Lurker_brucelud@ix.netcom.com_*

Posted 22 May 2005 - 05:51 PM

#17 is the part.  Thanks for your help, the diagram, and the part numbers!

Bruce

#5 Lurker_brucelud@ix.netcom.com_*

Posted 22 May 2005 - 05:55 PM

Thanks for your help.  My machine is a belt driven one with a 3 port pump.  From the diagram that Pegi sent and from your description, it must be the tub outlet manifold.  Thanks for your help.  Now I can see if it is available.

Bruce

#6 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 23 May 2005 - 08:21 AM

You are welcome.....;)
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics